Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the potency of our attack depends on McN & JH getting up the wings with pace, on the whole they have more lethal speed so a soggy pitch benefits us
Straight up, when I saw the rainy forecast for Brighton away last May I thought 'That suits us!' cos you can run and run in the rain can't you, and when we play against very good teams we are endlessly closing down and then trying to break quickly. If it had been hot and sunny that day, I reckon Brighton would have worn us down and beaten us.

Likewise, heavy rain will benefit us at Anfield as we'll be doing loads of closing down and breaking quickly. Our boys can do that for the full 102 minutes in that weather. I'm definitely getting on Everton at 13/2 tomorrow.

Mrs TT and I are currently in Kefalos on Kos. The people in the hotel room next to us are from a rural village in Bedfordshire, eight miles from my daughter. Coincidentally it's a name that's never far from my thoughts. I always see the name on a particular road sign when driving back from visiting my daughter and FIVE granddaughters.

The sign says:

Everton 2
Gamlingay 3½

Whereupon I always say:

"Damn! Lost at home again!"

Just thought I'd add a little jollity considering all the places around Kefalos that usually show Premier League football are closed due to the end of the holiday season!

UTFT!

I don't for one minute think there's the same gulf between us as there has been in recent years. Usually I want the game over and just written off.
Tomorrow I think we can go toe to toe with them and give them a game. We have the size, height, speed and hopefully goal scoring ability now to not just go there and roll over.
For once I can't call tomorrow but if we turn up i'd expect a result of some kind. Nowhere near as one sided as some may think this.

I don't for one minute think there's the same gulf between us as there has been in recent years. Usually I want the game over and just written off.
Tomorrow I think we can go toe to toe with them and give them a game. We have the size, height, speed and hopefully goal scoring ability now to not just go there and roll over.
For once I can't call tomorrow but if we turn up i'd expect a result of some kind. Nowhere near as one sided as some may think this.

toe to toe? they’ll pick us off

i think it’s 4–5-1 here with gueye back in

and i would pick this away at these

a draw would be dreams come true

1 win in 24 is a disgrace

Worse Everton teams than this have taken points off better Liverpool teams. Some of the flapping here is ridiculous. They play this match not to lose it as well quite often. Draw is always a decent bet.

they play to not lose so they play for a draw?

mate our record is a utter joke here

add to that they always have the best home record in the prem every season

it’s a doddle this tho

they play to not lose so they play for a draw?

mate our record is a utter joke here

add to that they always have the best home record in the prem every season

it’s a doddle this tho

There’s been a few times we’ve picked up a draw there, which for a bottom half team is actually pretty ok. Everyone focuses on our low number of wins and some embarrassing scorelines but the reality is that there’s some bottom half teams who are losing every single fixture home and away most seasons to them (I think Palace lost every fixture in between Crystanbul and last season) . Even the top 6 all have terrible records there especially under Klopp.

That 17/18 Everton team under Allardyce was one of the worst I’ve ever seen and we didn’t lose that against a Liverpool side far better than this one. Even the game we lost to that freak Origi goal Andre Gomes was one of the best players on the pitch and we had three gilt edged changes to go ahead in the first half.

They’re not this invincible team people make them out to be. I’d fancy our chances much more at Anfield now than I would at the Etihad or Emirates. That doesn’t mean we’ll win but I’ll be annoyed if we just roll fort and accept a beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.