2023/24 Sean Dyche

The defence was better at first, not so much now.

We have no full backs of any worth which doesnt help though.

It’s his job to coach players and make them better. Patterson should be improving under him, he’s gone backwards. Also there’s no reason why Mykolenko couldn’t be coached to put a cross in every now and again. These are coaching issues.

You don’t employ a manager like Dyche if the intention is to just buy a load of top players for him to use, he should be expected to actually coach the players.

The defence was better at first, not so much now.

We have no full backs of any worth which doesnt help though.
We have no setup to aid any full back, full stop. We either set up with a flat 4 and no input from full backs or have no wingers ahead of them leaving them isolated.

Garner is a net negative at right wing - he just drifts in and leaves Patterson alone, which will give him a hard time/choice - if he goes forward, he's leaving the right open, if he sits back, he offers nothing in attack.

Left side is a bit better (when McNeil plays) for it but the overlap is never offered or played to begin with for some reason, which leads me to believe Dyche just doesn't believe in full backs or their importance.

We have no setup to aid any full back, full stop. We either set up with a flat 4 and no input from full backs or have no wingers ahead of them leaving them isolated.

Garner is a net negative at right wing - he just drifts in and leaves Patterson alone, which will give him a hard time/choice - if he goes forward, he's leaving the right open, if he sits back, he offers nothing in attack.

Left side is a bit better (when McNeil plays) for it but the overlap is never offered or played to begin with for some reason, which leads me to believe Dyche just doesn't believe in full backs or their importance.
If he persists with the same line-up, we have to judge the performance on the weekend as an option in our arsenal. I hope he gets his 'details' right. The overlap is a concern with the amount of quality on the opposition wing. I suspect it will feel like different teams when with and without possession.

Can someone tell me where they think we have improved under Dyche?

Not new signings which should help him even more but as a unit
Defence?
Midfield?
Attack?

XG. Thank god, i was getting worried but its the best XG for 8 years. screw points on the board. XG is where its at.

Offensively we have looked fine. Problem is we have to convert our chances and cannot keep giving away cheap demoralizing goals. That is what has lost us games. If there is anything we need to do much better offensively, we have to get some crosses in and utilize the wings. Force the opposition to deal with dangerous balls from the wing and put them under pressure. Maybe we get rid of our fullbacks altogether and go 5 at the back with McNeil and Harrison/whoever. It has to be sorted.

Most of our chances come centrally and while that is fine, that is very dependent on our guys finishing chances which they haven’t. At least on the wings you can force guys into errors and win corners. Which brings me to my next point- let’s stop sucking at set pieces thanks.

Have we ever even lost 5 in a row at home? I'd be incredibly surprised. With a squad easily better than at least 5/6 in the division as well. Even with a draw, this fella has lost the right to be our manager.

Why do we always defend corners with 11 men, if we left one man on the halfway line it would give us an outlet if we won the ball, it would also make the opposition not able to put so many men in our box.
Eleven men back but nobody on the edge of the box and nobody defending the out-swinging corner?