New Everton Stadium Discussion

Where did I mention Anfield in those last posts? Why make things up? Another one who cant dispute what I've said so tries to rabble rouse and misrepresent.
The major difference is they "dared to grow" within their means and organically.
That's where. No need to apologise Tom, it must be hard to keep up with all of your feuds whilst simultaneously being a martyr and the saviour of Goodison Park. You've got a lot on your plate, heavy is the head that wears the crown and all that.

That's where. No need to apologise Tom, it must be hard to keep up with all of your feuds whilst simultaneously being a martyr and the saviour of Goodison Park. You've got a lot on your plate, heavy is the head that wears the crown and all that.

Feuds? It's a discussion forum.

As I said, no mention of Anfield whatsoever. That comment was mainly about Spurs and Arsenal as per my previous post about stadium financial planning.... specifically with regards to the only other clubs to build 50k+ stadia from scratch (obviously).... by first demonstrating financial viability and consequently having little or no problems in securing funding from major financial institutions. Sometimes it pays to readback for a bit of context before going off half-baked and looking a bit stupid.

Of course, the sentiment could equally apply to all those other clubs who've done similar for their stadium expansions/redevelopments, so well done for being the only one (correctly) highlighting Anfield for some strange reason.

The rest is petty name calling.... did you vote for Kirkby then? Is this another anti-KEIOC feud?

I'll accept your apology instead then eh?

So, they spunked several hundred million on [Poor language removed] players, but people are twisting everything to have a go at the club and the way its being run?
That is a valid criticism. Claiming the reason we can't spend money on players is due to stadium expenditure, and criticising them for that, is not.

Feuds? It's a discussion forum.

As I said, no mention of Anfield whatsoever. That comment was mainly about Spurs and Arsenal as per my previous post about stadium financial planning.... specifically with regards to the only other clubs to build 50k+ stadia from scratch (obviously).... by first demonstrating financial viability and consequently having little or no problems in securing funding from major financial institutions. Sometimes it pays to readback for a bit of context before going off half-baked and looking a bit stupid.

Of course, the sentiment could equally apply to all those other clubs who've done similar for their stadium expansions/redevelopments, so well done for being the only one (correctly) highlighting Anfield for some strange reason.

The rest is petty name calling.... did you vote for Kirkby then? Is this another anti-KEIOC feud?

I'll accept your apology instead then eh?
I love how prickly you are, Tommy. You have a go at people left and right in this thread but any criticism of you or your positions and you write long, rambling, ripostes that make little sense. I have no idea what you are talking about with anti-KEIOC feuds? I, like the vast majority of people on this forum, was opposed to Kirkby but to claim BMD is somehow analogous to that (if that's what you're even suggesting - it's hard to glean meaning from most of your rants) is disingenuous at best and a stupid straw man in all likelihood.

Good look tilting at windmills and howling at the moon.

I agree. No matter what phrases are used spectacular or what ever, some ground shots don't look spectacular at all. Probably a bit deceiving. Don't look as big
as the Main Stand & Top Balcony.

There's a third of the stands missing. It's 52k capacity (with one of the stands being smaller). It's a lot bigger than it looks in photo's.

There's a third of the stands missing. It's 52k capacity (with one of the stands being smaller). It's a lot bigger than it looks in photo's.

I wasn't looking at the north stand. But they do look deceptively small from ground level. I guess that's to do with the "intimacy" that was mooted by Elstone and given to Meis.