Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a weird game, we had so many chances that were big chances in that first half that would have seen us out of site. Those chances go in it’s a different game IMO.

But if you don’t score you can’t win and with 4 home games and 4 losses the pressure is mounting now.

You’d think if we had a functioning ownership Dyche would probably be moved on if we were to lose to Bournemouth

Such a weird game, we had so many chances that were big chances in that first half that would have seen us out of site. Those chances go in it’s a different game IMO.

But if you don’t score you can’t win and with 4 home games and 4 losses the pressure is mounting now.

You’d think if we had a functioning ownership Dyche would probably be moved on if we were to lose to Bournemouth
You don’t actually think we’re going to get anything from Bournemouth?

Ghastly...
Not sure who is to blame after 2 very functional away performances. Probably team management and squad. And now Dyche & co have now more or less full compliment of players they have signed playing, no excuses for me it's the team management. Can't loose these games.
Man of the match Braithwaite.

I've seen people saying it was like fulham/wolves yesterday, for about 15 mins maybe but did we have a shot on target or test the gk? Best chance we had was the Garner header off the crossbar.

Agreed.

First 15mins there were gaps and chances and we should have scored early. Once that fizzled out it turned into an attritional, disorganised, turgid calamity of a performance with no rhythm or cutting edge.

Apart from that, the boys played well.

What a terrible, terrible result. Sloppy defending for the first. Young is experienced enough to know just clear it straight away rather than trying to control the ball. The second goal was atrocious. You should always have your defender after their last man in the line, so as to be able to see potential movement. Their scorer just waltzed in not marked. Missed chances again cost us but poor defending is hurting us so much. Our build up play is so slow, it becomes predictable. When Beto came on, we should just have continued to launch it into the box but we messed around. There is some serious work to be done this week. There should also be a lot of finger pointing and arguing in the dressing room about the defending.

The second half made me so frustrated. We got the goal and had the momentum then didnt show up.

What on earth was said at the break. Why did we come out with no energy, no passion, no urgency, no quality, and no idea what we were doing other than to lump it forward after a couple of passes. There was no purpose to anything we did.

Woeful from everyone involved.

I’m too disappointed to make any meaningful comment, it’s just so mind-numbingly frequent that we get such performances.

Einstein had it right about the definition of madness - just repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

If it were not for a new stadium on the horizon, I might reclaim the 7 hours minimum I waste going to Goodison every home game.

The only save I remember their keeper making was the one he parried where DCL scored.

I don't remember him having to make another save at all. He was barely worked.
23 shots we had only 4 were on target (according to fbref) that's pretty woeful tbh. If he has to have them spend the whole week doing shooting drills over and over again then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.