2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He's isn't a top player and never will be, but he's perfectly decent.

Also, it isn't an insult to suggest that he's responding positively to the club attempting to move on from him.

Yes it is an insult. And completely untrue. Plays to the narrative of the boo boys. If he's fit for a season he's easily in the England team and back being talked about in the £70m+ category.

….thats become increasingly obvious with seeing how well the team perform when he’s fit and firing. It also shows how superior he is to Beto.

Still a bit to do when he won that ball on the half-way line, a lovely and composed dink to put him clear of the defender and kept his cool with the finish.

Beto isn't good enough to lace DCL's boots

….thats become increasingly obvious with seeing how well the team perform when he’s fit and firing. It also shows how superior he is to Beto.

Still a bit to do when he won that ball on the half-way line, a lovely and composed dink to put him clear of the defender and kept his cool with the finish.
That is true but Beto has had a pretty good start considering he has come into a difficult situation. He led the line well at Brentford and Sheffield United away. Its a great problem to have from having Maupay, Simms and Gray. Beto will take some heat from DCL. I would also like to see how they fair as a partnership.

Jesus kin christ our fans man, now it's Beto's turn to not be good enough for Everton after a few games. I don't even know why there has to be a direct comparison, they can both contribute.
Now, now, we don't do sensible nuanced vews around here. Wait until DCL misses a chance and it'll be "Beto would have scored that"

That is true but Beto has had a pretty good start considering he has come into a difficult situation. He led the line well at Brentford and Sheffield United away. Its a great problem to have from having Maupay, Simms and Gray. Beto will take some heat from DCL. I would also like to see how they fair as a partnership.

…it’s not a ‘problem’ when one striker is clearly superior to the other as it makes team selection easier. Beto provides us with a better back-up option than we’ve had since Richarlison left, which is a plus when your main striker is fragile.

Our season us still largely dependent on how many games DCL can start but Beto at least gives us some chance.

Attachments

• BBC_mediaitem131265134.jpg
    BBC_mediaitem131265134.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 19
On Beto‘s last few performances he shouldn’t be starting ahead of Dom.
Beto seems to look awkward and clumsy on the ball now.

A fit and firing DCL will always start I'd imagine but we've got to remember how long he's been out for. I'd have no issues if Beto starts against Luton as there should be enough in the side tk get ahead and then if required DCL comes in with half an hour to go.

Really important we manage his workload and not flog him 90 minutes week in week out because history tells us that at some point an injury will occur.

Beto has at least given us the chance to ease DCL in.

I thought Dominic Calvert-Lewin played well tonight and finished his chance well. Sometimes it is harder when you are one-on-one with the keeper and have time to think about what you're going to do. The lad looked very confident throughout the game, which was good to see.
Yea looked like he was gonna score which we dont always say about him. If you see mcneil at the wknd too celebrating before he scored it shows he must be full of confidence atm . Long may it continue

A fit and firing DCL will always start I'd imagine but we've got to remember how long he's been out for. I'd have no issues if Beto starts against Luton as there should be enough in the side tk get ahead and then if required DCL comes in with half an hour to go.

Really important we manage his workload and not flog him 90 minutes week in week out because history tells us that at some point an injury will occur.

Beto has at least given us the chance to ease DCL in.
Spot.On.