Match Thread Aston Villa vs. Everton - Carabao Cup Third Round

Your MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy can head it and that's about it. If we leave any space behind or in front of him, we're screwed. Which is why you don't start Gueye with Keane in the team, and defend the six yard box. Basically what Ancelotti realised he needed to do with Keane as his only fit CB.

Other than Mik Kegs who else do we go for? Ben God?
Who's the under 23 CB's?

Can't we start one of them?

I get why many want us to go for it, but being completely honest, we have to recognise the state we're in...
There have also been instances over the years where a cup run has actively built momentum. If we, as a club, are going to have a fearful outlook on Cup games see them as opportunities to fail/get players injured then we probably will fail. If we see tham as opportunities to win matches, create an exciting cup run, build confidence... then that may happen. And besides which, there are 4,500 Evertonians going to support the team tonight.

Hecks bells, Villa are chasing champions league and have Brighton on Saturday so will be resting half their team, lets put out a strong team with maybe 2 fringe players spliced in and give ourselves a chance.

I do wonder if we'll try a 4-4-2 tonight with both Beto and DCL starting. If not, I can still only see one or two changes to the starting XI from Brentford..

Status
Not open for further replies.