777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One senses a need for people to get a grip and if you don’t appreciate what someone says then chose to ignore it. If posting stuff about Everton makes him happy then so be it. If he’s a liar, then who cares.

Oh by the way, I am the son of Usmanov, you don’t see me harping on about it.
ye he’s got loads right i don’t know why people fume with him his podcast is sound too

One senses a need for people to get a grip and if you don’t appreciate what someone says then chose to ignore it. If posting stuff about Everton makes him happy then so be it. If he’s a liar, then who cares.
That's what I do.
Sadly, I constantly come across posts about this "well respected" clown here and can't avoid them.

Maybe he should get his own thread?

Tbh I’m not really fussed about what 777 say. They will be judged on what they do.

They aren’t going to go into specifics about finance. They will blow smoke up the arse of the fan base and say what an incredible honour it is for them to own such a great traditional club and it is their aim to restore us to our rightful place amongst the elite etc etc.

Let’s see what they do when we desperately need some quality in the squad.

I have voiced my concerns earlier on in the forum only because we need some actual questions leveled at their business model and some actual answers from 777.
My real concern is how they use their 'expertise', to check on my suspicions about 777's underwriting expertise.

Some basic questions came to mind, what is their idea of insurance, why are underwriters interested in the Multiclub model, and what motivates their insistence on unique investors for different assets in their portfolio?
I referred to their website first, and the website portrays them as consultants who optimize operation costs but they have largely been stand-offish on that front at the other clubs. So, I went back to earlier versions of their website to check out the business model prior to their reframing exercise, their early website can be found here, they talk about their investment strategies which are alarming:

"Through its structured settlement affiliates, SuttonPark Capital and Singer Asset Finance, 777 Partners has become the leading wholesale aggregator and servicer of structured settlements in the United States. 777 provides a variety of capital and asset disposition options for secondary market structured settlement purchasing companies. In most cases these purchasing companies are providing liquidity in the form of a tax free lump sum payment to the recipient of a structured settlement resulting from a previously settled tort claim involving physical injury, illness, or workers’ compensation whereby a claimant is compensated for damages through an annuity. The core competencies of 777’s structured settlement affiliates include the sourcing, underwriting, and servicing of high quality long-term cash flows including structured settlements, annuities, and lottery winnings. 777 Partners applies its expertise to help institutional investors achieve their required return, risk, and duration objectives.

Through its affiliates, 777 Partners is one of the nation’s leading providers of litigation financing and valuation services to law firms and plaintiffs. Litigation financing provides personal-injury victims, lawsuit plaintiffs, and attorneys the necessary liquidity to pay expenses and manage cash flow while awaiting the resolution of their claims. 777 affiliates provide financing for both pre and post settlement claims. This highly specialized finance business allows law firms, whose revenues are derived from contingency fee practice, to access liquidity through credit lines and financing arrangements collateralized by the value of their anticipated contingency fees. Additionally, 777 Partners offers technology, claims management, and valuation services to law firms and litigation processing firms through its affiliate IT Strategies Group."

So is it a case that these lot thought that, 'hey we handle a lot of divestment strategies, we might as well own some of them as part of our contingency fees aswell?'. Are my worst fears about us and their idea of insurance, at least, partly true? These are extremely worrying practices to me but I am unsure how it works in the context of the EFC deal or even if their model is different or has evolved. We need to get some relevant answers before the deal is finalized.
It all stinks of un-regulated Shark Practice, I am definitely not as knowledgeable or as inclined to dig as you but all of what you are saying needs scrutiny.

I say un-regulated as I dont know what exists in their countries of origin.

Even the FCA here as much as they have powers are not a whole package as such and there are ways to circumvent some of the regs in place.

It all seems, on the face of it based on what they can achieve, for themselves and not in the interests of the Club, which in fairness to the is what most business models will be but its how and what effect it has on us that is key, if i am reading this correctly.

Appreciate the effort you are putting in and am happy to be corrected on any assumptions i have made, its good to learn and we should everyday!

It all stinks of un-regulated Shark Practice, I am definitely not as knowledgeable or as inclined to dig as you but all of what you are saying needs scrutiny.

I say un-regulated as I dont know what exists in their countries of origin.

Even the FCA here as much as they have powers are not a whole package as such and there are ways to circumvent some of the regs in place.

It all seems, on the face of it based on what they can achieve, for themselves and not in the interests of the Club, which in fairness to the is what most business models will be but its how and what effect it has on us that is key, if i am reading this correctly.

Appreciate the effort you are putting in and am happy to be corrected on any assumptions i have made, its good to learn and we should everyday!
Thank you for saying so but I will say that I have not done much digging, this is essentially what they were saying before they started purchasing media assets back in 2017. This should pop up if you are doing a little bit of due diligence and if anything like from the horse's mouth kinda stuff (we don't even need to ask industry people, and that hearing for Hertha Berlin's Owner is a terrifying read). We need some 'fit and proper' finance guy to pitch some questions and get some actual answers instead of 'we will free your head space'. We seem like an Aston Martin that is sold to a used car salesman. I don't think they are doing anything particularly illegal yet, because their argument would be that it is their money and nobody is forcing the fans to back our football club. But on the other hand, they should have more incentive than us to run the business well and that does not seem to be the case.
The problem is in the how they are able to guarantee a required return for their 'investors' or whether these are even investors or just simple financial brokers who consider EFC to be part of their risk management portfolio.

Being this is the Premiership, the Elite place to be, and every businessman's dream to be part of.

Why can't he just sell up his shares/ownerships in the other clubs and solely concentrate at the top of the ladder, and rebuild what he would class as his Masterpiece !!!

Show us the Wonga, Wander !!!

If they can repay the loans to RMF as part of the deal then that’s a huge positive. Need to get them as far away from the club as possible.
Here is the thing, they have 'expertise' in leveraging their possible takeover (shown as cash to the authorities, again not leveraging the club but leveraging the takeover event) or even leverage their possible 'contingency fee' as a broker in the deal (get funding for part ownership). On the current course, even considering someone else swoops in to buy us, we might end up saddled with more debt or partly owned by them. In the meantime, we have to do whatever the opposite of "Let them cook" is to our club.

Thank you for saying so but I will say that I have not done much digging, this is essentially what they were saying before they started purchasing media assets back in 2017. This should pop up if you are doing a little bit of due diligence and if anything like from the horse's mouth kinda stuff (we don't even need to ask industry people, and that hearing for Hertha Berlin's Owner is a terrifying read). We need some 'fit and proper' finance guy to pitch some questions and get some actual answers instead of 'we will free your head space'. We seem like an Aston Martin that is sold to a used car salesman. I don't think they are doing anything particularly illegal yet, because their argument would be that it is their money and nobody is forcing the fans to back our football club. But on the other hand, they should have more incentive than us to run the business well and that does not seem to be the case.
The problem is in the how they are able to guarantee a required return for their 'investors' or whether these are even investors or just simple financial brokers who consider EFC to be part of their risk management portfolio.
Probably doing yourself a disservice here, not sure how many would have even bothered looking for that Cached site in the first instance.

The whole due diligence thing for me is a red flag as I'm pretty sure from Moshiri perspective he is only interested in a recoup of outlay and that is as far as his goes, from the cub perspective a real eyes on approach is needed but who will undertake this, as in reality they all benefit!

There is more to this than is apparent, im 100% convinced of it but all we can do is sit and wait. That alone fills me with dread.

We can only hope this pans out as beneficial but im yet to be convinced.

Im not gonna go on an Esk dissing frenzy as in the main he does have the club at the heart of the matter and he has flagged up his concerns and he is defo right to do so, it would carry much more weight if he would have had not nailed his flag to many masts in the past as i think he has good intentions and it gets undermined when he gets it wrong.

But someone like him digging, for me is invaluable as that is what is required for the mere mortals like myself.