New Everton Stadium Discussion

The only buyer for the stadium will be 777. They will sell it to their own holding company for the lowest price they can get away with and then charge the club a fortune to play there, and recoup the money in 3 years. Then they'll try and find a buyer for the club whilst keeping the stadium. If they can't, they'll sell the club and stadium to another investment fund for as much as they can get.

I'm surprised any significant work remains ongoing. There is clearly now a material doubt about whether we'll be in a position to pay future applications.

LOR and the subcontractors must be getting nervous at this point.
This is a growing concern, no doubt about it. I would assume LOR would demand periodic payments falling due represent our paying in advance rather than arrears. Either way, at the first signal of a missed or delayed payment I would expect we will all hear about it on the grapevine.

Wasn’t there thing where if it doesn’t get completed. It must be turned back to a dock. I can imagine even if it is completed and Everton didn’t use it. They would want it turned back to a dock. So I think with the stadium the club has all the power because no one else can play there.
I belive this was part of the original clause but wonder if it is superseded once we get to a certain point in the build?

Wasn’t there thing where if it doesn’t get completed. It must be turned back to a dock. I can imagine even if it is completed and Everton didn’t use it. They would want it turned back to a dock. So I think with the stadium the club has all the power because no one else can play there.
Yes, and we would have to pay to return it to its original state. Which would probably cost more tbh

If it became that kind of choice I'm sure the council would step in (obviously at our request) to arrange a loan for what is required.

If it became that kind of choice I'm sure the council would step in (obviously at our request) to arrange a loan for what is required.

With honest Joe out of the picture and the council finances heading in a Birmingham type direction it would be wise not to bank on that.

By the time the issue becomes relevant the Corpy will likely be under the control of government appointee commissioners

I think that horse has bolted in view of Councils over-extending themselves and the current hysteria and uncertainty surrounding the club. It would be a political hot potato in the current climate. I am sick of reading the half-baked scenarios floated in here based on undisclosed sources - I am not including you in that btw - we should all hold our water until things become clearer and/or a definitive reputable source,( excluding journos and Talkshite pundits) spells things out.

With honest Joe out of the picture and the council finances heading in a Birmingham type direction it would be wise not to bank on that.

By the time the issue becomes relevant the Corpy will likely be under the control of government appointee commissioners

It's more a facility to access the councils ability to get funds. If we pay the loan and the council get say 1 million a year for doing so then it's win win for them.

There will be public outcry of course, "why would you spend tax payer's money on them" etc etc by the ones that don't understand or don't want to at least. The council can just point to how much they make off of us for Finch Farm as proof.

I think that horse has bolted in view of Councils over-extending themselves and the current hysteria and uncertainty surrounding the club. It would be a political hot potato in the current climate. I am sick of reading the half-baked scenarios floated in here based on undisclosed sources - I am not including you in that btw - we should all hold our water until things become clearer and/or a definitive reputable source,( excluding journos and Talkshite pundits) spells things out.

Yes it would be a hot potato and therefore a last resort, I just believe push come to shove if there is an uncompleted stadium and there was an impasse on moving it forward, peel and the council would do something. We would be paying and they would get x amount of naming rights and other upfront cash to make it better for them and worse for us but nonetheless we would still have a stadium at least.

Let's hope we don't have to test that theory.

The latest video is really impressive. Which stand will be the home end? Is the players tunnel in the middle of the pitch/stand and if so which stand? Which stand are main match tv cameras in?

It's more a facility to access the councils ability to get funds. If we pay the loan and the council get say 1 million a year for doing so then it's win win for them.

There will be public outcry of course, "why would you spend tax payer's money on them" etc etc by the ones that don't understand or don't want to at least. The council can just point to how much they make off of us for Finch Farm as proof.

Never going to happen.