Game Day experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness. if you're near the back the views are poor and the atmosphere isn't great. Last time I was in there was when we were hit for 6 by Spurs and it was like a mortuary.

If you're near the front by the touchline the views are worse but you at least you are close to the players and get some feel for the overall atmosphere in the ground.

On the plus side I did see Kevin Sheedy's twice-taken free-kick against Ipswich from there back in 1985.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to watch every game from there - but I think you feel the history of Goodison more there than anywhere else in the ground.

If you've never been before, that's what you should want to go for, I think.

Bet it was a game where we won 3-0 with all 3 goals coming in the first half hour lol

It was Rooneys return game v Stoke. 2017

I got in, took my seat. 0-0 at 44 mins and nothing going on. Busting for a leak so went for it.
Standing there doing what nature required and hear a roar. Rooney scored at 45+1.

Goalless second half. 5 hour train back to Kent.

£180 down and didn't see the goal!

From the states been over 3x now and never even seen a goal inside goodison. Did manage to see richy score at man city though.

Been to an AFC championship game and a 0-0 match vs arsenal still the takes the cake as far as experience.

The Ethiad is like every other stadium in the states nothing special.

Goodison was truly something special.

Have a
Blast hope you see a goal
I get that totally - used to be an overseas (HK & Oz) fan too. It wasn't until my fourth home game until I saw a league goal.

It was Rooneys return game v Stoke. 2017

I got in, took my seat. 0-0 at 44 mins and nothing going on. Busting for a leak so went for it.
Standing there doing what nature required and hear a roar. Rooney scored at 45+1.

Goalless second half. 5 hour train back to Kent.

£180 down and didn't see the goal!

Great header as well!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to watch every game from there - but I think you feel the history of Goodison more there than anywhere else in the ground.

If you've never been before, that's what you should want to go for, I think.
That's true, everywhere else has been tinkered with.

I couldn't get over how quiet it was during that Spurs game even before they scored. It was one of Pickford's maddest displays so I was getting very agitated, but the silence all around was weirdly intimidating so I shut up and endured the horror with the zombies.

That's true, everywhere else has been tinkered with.
Yeah, even the Gwladys concourse feels about 50 years more modern than the Bullens.

I say all this about historical authenticity as someone who always aims for the Park End as a first choice when I'm going to Goodison. Eliminates the post gamble completely. Something I'm looking forward to not having to face ever again at the new ground.

Yeah, even the Gwladys concourse feels about 50 years more modern than the Bullens.

I say all this about historical authenticity as someone who always aims for the Park End as a first choice when I'm going to Goodison. Eliminates the post gamble completely. Something I'm looking forward to not having to face ever again at the new ground.
Just shows you have learned from your experiences. I only go in there when I can't get in anywhere else or it's a freebie.

Hope I haven't put too much of a damper on your enthusiasm @C0yle, and that we are safe and playing good football, then you will be guaranteed a good day out.

They have two different kinds of tour. A regular stadium tour and on the Friday before home games a legends tour.

These are always hosted by Mark Higgins, absolute class player who was unfortunately cut off by Injury just before the glorious mid 80s. He's always joined by either one of Snodin or Stewart and another Everton player from the past. It's exactly the same tour but with a sit down Q&A at the end and free beers. The price difference between the two is big, I guess it depends who the guest player is that will dictate which one you choose.

Just have a look on the website and stadium tours are under the ticket section.
Thanks so much. I just want to soak up as much of being an Evertonian as I can.
Just shows you have learned from your experiences. I only go in there when I can't get in anywhere else or it's a freebie.

Hope I haven't put too much of a damper on your enthusiasm @C0yle, and that we are safe and playing good football, then you will be guaranteed a good day out.
Mate, if we are safe by then it will be paradise. Though let's be honest, it isn't likely😬

Status
Not open for further replies.