Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,257 92.3%

• Total voters
100%

Apathy FC comes to the fore once again. When the NSNOW called for another protest at the liver buildings and about 100 showed up on a gloriously sunny day it proved it was done until the next crisis arrives.

He's never there so Matchday protests have no impact on him (personally) whatsoever.

True that!

The issue isn't just Moshiri wanting to recoup a good amount of the money he (his rotund mate) has spent, there's the additional 300 ish needed for the stadium, the 150+ to pay off rights and media (I'm more and more convinced Kenwright is involved in the background) and a fair chunk for players.

The pool of buyers willing to spend that kind of money is pretty small. Those hoping the government will properly investigate the Everton funding are going to be disappointed, we're just not that big of a deal.
I think there is a decent pool of buyers but the negatives out way the positives.
The hearing in October regarding profit and sustainability , the finishing off of the stadium and how much moshiri wants to sell up .I am hopeful nothing comes of the hearing and we might look a bit more attractive to a wider pool of buyers

Despite all the protests and anger at the back end of last season, very little has changed. Kenwright still Chairman, Moshiri’s now on the board and just some internal shuffling round of the board positions. MSP who seemed to have people with business acumen ready to join the board have backed out and 777 are back. Moshiri have remarkably managed to find people who seem to be even worse at running football clubs than he is. Sorry state of affairs.

Hard to see anything changing in the next 1-2 years. He has put himself on the board for a reason, to act in his own interests.

He is hedging on avoiding relegation and completing the stadium on the back of further austerity, before the club is in a position where it becomes more attractive to prospective buyers.

Problem is we will probably be relegated in the interim. Still he persists with Kenwright. Even without investment, he could still engage in a search process for a new Chairman and CEO, who would have to be versed in corporate recovery. It would gain confidence for the completion of the stadium and new commercial opportunities.

Should be a protest every home game until the club is sold

We can't continue with an owner who has given up.
I'm not sure he has given up as such Tim, he simply has no access to any money, his UK funding facilities have been frozen and Usmanov is under sanctions and until either changes the club has no money unless it makes it itself. He needs to just accept the situation, lower his asking price and sell the club and stop with this 'partial investment' nonsense which allows him to hang on till BMD is finished. It's his own fault for not doing things properly in the first place.

We're in very dangerous waters now with this guy.

He obviously wants the ground built and his money back. No care for the club whatsoever.

He would burn us to the ground if it paid him back the most.

Agree. Think he's waiting on the ground to be built to recuop a big portion of his investment, but its a massive gamble not to invest and take the risk that we will still be in the PL when its done. No matter how good the ground, nobody is going to pay the price he wants for a team in the Championship.

I'm not sure he has given up as such Tim, he simply has no access to any money, his UK funding facilities have been frozen and Usmanov is under sanctions and until either changes the club has no money unless it makes it itself. He needs to just accept the situation, lower his asking price and sell the club and stop with this 'partial investment' nonsense which allows him to hang on till BMD is finished. It's his own fault for not doing things properly in the first place.
I believe he has given up improving the playing squad.

Stadium is only priority right now. Has been for a couple of seasons.

I believe he has given up improving the playing squad.

Stadium is only priority right now. Has been for a couple of seasons.
You should listen to the bobbles latest podcast thing, Moshiri doesn't have any money mate, hence the investment, he doesn't have money for the stadium. He can't operate financially within the UK at present.