777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Possibly mate - but are they open to a sale ?

When you look at most club sales its often when the clubs in a mess - City sold when their Thai owner had his assets frozen by the Thai govt, Newcastle when Ashleys business was hit by the pandemic, RS when Hicks/Gilette nearly ran them into administration, Sunderland/Villa both when relegated, Chelsea with Abramavich being chased by the Govt.

Not often you see a PL club sold when its having a good spell as often the owners are happy to sit and gamble on the value increasing further. The TV deals are only going to get bigger and WHU have a decent chance of fighting for top 4 this season with Newcastle/Chelsea/Utd not dominant.

Our only issue is if Moshiri is looking just for investment or if he's open to a full sale. If he's open to a full sale we have as much chance as anyone of a big takeover.
West Ham are in a weird situation with their ground. They have a very generous arrangement in the rent but I think the fact they don’t own it is probably a negative when it comes to a take over.

Moshiri was in Qatar for the World Cup. Nothing came of it clearly. Must avoid 777 at all costs but I'm sort of glad MSP has come to nothing. It leaves open the possibility of a full takeover down the line from a group with deep pockets and with a minority stake MSP may have been an impediment to that over the next couple of years.

For those with concerns about the suitability of 777 Partners becoming involved in Everton, I'll post a link here later to a Talking the Blues podcast that majors on them.
As promised, here's the link to the podcast recorded this afternoon...

Moshiri was in Qatar for the World Cup. Nothing came of it clearly. Must avoid 777 at all costs but I'm sort of glad MSP has come to nothing. It leaves open the possibility of a full takeover down the line from a group with deep pockets and with a minority stake MSP may have been an impediment to that over the next couple of years.

The fella wanting to buy Utd is slightly seperate to the group that own PSG who were linked with investing into a PL side back in January (prior to Utd being put on the market).

It may well have been a case that any potential talks ended as when the Utd deal was on the table it'll have been too political for two closely linked entitles to buy into 2 teams from the same league.

The group that own PSG cannot really own a majority stake in another European club whereas the Shiekh bidding for Utd can.

Be interesting if he does buy out a club or if the PSG group (who are essentially the investment arm of the Qatari govt) end up looking back into buying/investing a minority stake in a team.