2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

the boy has been through alot
shown last season he can be up to standard
lets support and give him chance
No he’s had chances, what’s the standard dodge relegation it will happen again and again with players of his standard in the team. A loan away for 12 months and then maybe re evaluate but right now not close to good enough and if he’s deemed good enough expect championship football.

Mykolenko isn't great but it really does baffle me that people are willing to give Patterson the benefit of the doubt when he lets yet ANOTHER winger ghost past without tracking his man because he has "potential"

but there's no charitable take on Mykolenko who has been relatively serviceable when called upon, has formed a good partnership with McNeil, and is from a community currently battered by war.

Would be completely fine with Mykolenko and Young for another year if the finances say so - but if we're back here in 24 hours with only Coleman as a capable right back... risky business.

Mykolenko isn't great but it really does baffle me that people are willing to give Patterson the benefit of the doubt when he lets yet ANOTHER winger ghost past without tracking his man because he has "potential"

but there's no charitable take on Mykolenko who has been relatively serviceable when called upon, has formed a good partnership with McNeil, and is from a community currently battered by war.

Would be completely fine with Mykolenko and Young for another year if the finances say so - but if we're back here in 24 hours with only Coleman as a capable right back... risky business.
He’s a full two years younger so Patterson should get more benefit of the doubt.

Coleman won’t be able to retire until his mid 50s at this rate, however.

He’s a full two years younger so Patterson should get more benefit of the doubt.

Coleman won’t be able to retire until his mid 50s at this rate, however.

Can I ask - what do you think Patterson's outstanding qualities to be?

To me, he showed he can whip a decent ball in when given space; he's relatively quick; he's got a good engine; and his head doesn't go down even when he's getting targeted by the other team. I'd like to see him further forward actually, I'd rather us buy a defensively solid right back and give Patterson a go further up the pitch than buy an out and out right winger. Bit like when Coleman first played and Moyes played him ahead of Hibbert.

The current Garner - Patterson combo though really, really doesn't work

Can I ask - what do you think Patterson's outstanding qualities to be?

To me, he showed he can whip a decent ball in when given space; he's relatively quick; he's got a good engine; and his head doesn't go down even when he's getting targeted by the other team. I'd like to see him further forward actually, I'd rather us buy a defensively solid right back and give Patterson a go further up the pitch than buy an out and out right winger. Bit like when Coleman first played and Moyes played him ahead of Hibbert.

The current Garner - Patterson combo though really, really doesn't work
Patterson wouldn’t thrive further up the pitch. Coleman was able to do it in spurts because he’s a much better dribbler.

He’s more Antonee Robinson when he was with Everton. Athletic and a bit out of control. Robinson figured it out to some extent but has probably hit his ceiling.

Patterson isn’t consistent with his crossing, and keeps missing the open net because his technique is poor. He has time to work on it and let his athleticism shine through.

Patterson wouldn’t thrive further up the pitch. Coleman was able to do it in spurts because he’s a much better dribbler.

He’s more Antonee Robinson when he was with Everton. Athletic and a bit out of control. Robinson figured it out to some extent but has probably hit his ceiling.

Patterson isn’t consistent with his crossing, and keeps missing the open net because his technique is poor. He has time to work on it and let his athleticism shine through.

I'd much rather him be creating issues further up the pitch than in the back four though - it leaves us a lot more vulnerable otherwise. He can still use his athleticism at right mid - arguably more so actually given Iwobi and McNeil are regularly covering the most ground for us

I'd much rather him be creating issues further up the pitch than in the back four though - it leaves us a lot more vulnerable otherwise. He can still use his athleticism at right mid - arguably more so actually given Iwobi and McNeil are regularly covering the most ground for us
"Doesn't defend well" is not a reason to put him on the wing. Especially under Dyche.