2023/2024 Kits Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no...

I'm not asking for the big boys, Nike, Adidas etc.

Just something a bit nicer on the eye, Kappa or New Balance maybe?
New Balance is meff gear in my eyes. Their logo is rubbish.

Kappa do some OK kits but they are a bit... challenging, for some of our fanbase.

(including me...)

It’s just the club being crap at engagement yet again.

The plan is to have the tower as our only club crest eventually - they want it to replace the current badge, and instead of making another beehive cockup and changing it quickly, they are just going to assimilate it into the fanbase by creeping it onto everything - that’s why this tower design is all over club docs/letters/the training ground/Goodison and on the third strip last and this season.

I’m surprised they didn’t put it on two kits this year tbh.

You’re right, outside of Evertonians,
who would have a clue what it is?

I agree it’s the club trying to sneak it into being our badge without having the balls to do it properly.

There is a trend with clubs at the minute to have a “simplified” badge on the third kit. If you look at Man Utd’s the white kit just has a Red Devil on it, the Arsenal third kit, just has the cannon on it. Some clubs like Spurs and Liverpool have a simpler crest on all their kits.
The difference with all of these is, they actually look like part of the original crest, they are recognisable, ours is not.

I won’t buy any merchandise with that as the main badge, I’m not bothered about it being on the back of shirts.

I agree it’s the club trying to sneak it into being our badge without having the balls to do it properly.

There is a trend with clubs at the minute to have a “simplified” badge on the third kit. If you look at Man Utd’s the white kit just has a Red Devil on it, the Arsenal third kit, just has the cannon on it. Some clubs like Spurs and Liverpool have a simpler crest on all their kits.
The difference with all of these is, they actually look like part of the original crest, they are recognisable, ours is not.

I won’t buy any merchandise with that as the main badge, I’m not bothered about it being on the back of shirts.
i don't dislike like it but i do think you need to do something with it, either put it in a shield or sphere, or add the laurels and make it a modern version of the 83 crest. The tower on it's own looks lost on the shirt.
Also, what's the point of having a modern simplified design when you have a Stake blazed across the front in the most god awful size imaginable.

I think the crest is a cheeky attempt to push for new branding but I don’t really care on the third kit. If they try to add it to the away kit next year then I’ll be writing a strongly worded letter of complaint. In green ink.

I’m more aggravated by the claim that the kit design “takes inspiration” from Hummel’s design for the Denmark ‘86 kit. What’s that got to do with Everton? Denmark had Molby in that team.

Unless they’re trying to liken our whole club to Arnesen acting like a total bell and getting sent off in the World Cup. That’s a reasonable comparison to how we’re run now but not one we should be celebrating.

For me the badge is too fussy, just the EFC would look better.
Yeah, that mock up looks great. Im not saying I like the solid tower on the new 3rd kit - but I like simple designs, and the club are trying new things. I hate the current badge/crest, its too big and has the word EVERTON on it (NOT needed in the slightest). They should consult fans though, because there are lots of fan made ideas out there that are quite good. And I can see a major new direction/branding when we move to BMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.