Summer transfer window 2023

Not sure we can turn down 7m for him tbh. It's a good price for a young lad with only half a season in men's football under his belt, and could help us a bit in other positions.

£7m seems fair, I'd maybe look more towards £10m outright or else leave it at £7m and have a good sell on with it. Either way £15m for Simms and Cannon is good business for us, two academy players who probably wouldn't make it here, even in our striker shortage. Looking now we've got DCL, Beto and Chermiti I doubt there's any real opening in the squad for a young striker to break though.

Take 7M if it means strengthening in other areas..Shame though we would loose 2 young strikers this window. Interesting if he plays today or Maupay lol.
But gain one. Chermiti is 18 months younger than Cannon and if the view is he's the better prospect it makes total sense to move Cannon on permanently. He MIGHT be worth more in 12 months but he's played too little to know that's anything like guaranteed.

Next summer we'll be losing alot of players...we'll need:

2 × ACM
2 × RW
2 × CM
2 × FB

Then the year after we need 2 × CB

I think its a good time to bring in u21s while weve.loaned in experience...let them integrate and develop to then replace them for next season.

Low pressure signings like Wharton, Bakayoko, Gnonto types.

The likes to Alzate and Cornet dont help.
Agree with you but we dont have the money to do this, will be the same again next season will bring some in again and then look at loans.is why alzate makes sense could be on a free next season.

Personally be amazed if cannon isn't worth more in 12 months. I'd loan again and then make the decision next pre-season given that danjuma is likely back off to Villarreal and we're losing loads of players next summer. Either cannon as a decent player or the cash we'd get for him could be invaluable next summer
Buy back and sell on fee should be included

Personally be amazed if cannon isn't worth more in 12 months. I'd loan again and then make the decision next pre-season given that danjuma is likely back off to Villarreal and we're losing loads of players next summer. Either cannon as a decent player or the cash we'd get for him could be invaluable next summer
I'm really not sure Cannon will be worth more in a year unless he legitimately tears it up and scores 30 goals. Look at Chuba Akpom, scored 28 goals in the Championship last year and went to Ajax for €13m, really not much more than Cannon is going for here. Even Gyokeres was only like €20m as well and he's had multiple good seasons and was an international.

I don't see a Premier League club potentially buying a Championship striker, even off a great season and him being worth a lot of money. He might be worth £15m to Norwich if they're the ones selling upwards if he's a key player for them, but us selling downwards where he's a player that doesn't get in the squad will never get the same level of fee.