2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray is certainly not the player to save our season. He started well but faded quickly and badly. He has had minimal effect on the team last season apart from a few goals which I think you would expect from an attacking player anyway.
He scored more than Maupay and Calvert-Lewin combined. He is also capable of taking defenders on - the only other player who can do that is Iwobi.
So, yes, let's get rid of him.

They have Christian churches in Saudi Arabia, and Catholic ones.

Still, I don't expect him to leave his kid (who lives with his former partner) to go there.
According to what I can see online he has two different kids with two exes, although there’s a claim he doesn’t have anything to do with one of them. Doesn’t sound terribly Christian to me, that.

He scored more than Maupay and Calvert-Lewin combined. He is also capable of taking defenders on - the only other player who can do that is Iwobi.
We are struggling to get 10m for him which will give an indication of how other clubs value him. Suggesting that he is better than Maupay and an injured DCL sets an incredibly low bar.

I'd agree with you apart from iwobi taking on defenders I can't think of the last time he actually went past anybody and using maupay (absolutely awful footballer) and lewin (injured for the last two years) as yard sticks on Grays performance doesn't make gray any better or worth keeping if a decent bid comes on for him.

We are struggling to get 10m for him which will give an indication of how other clubs value him. Suggesting that he is better than Maupay and an injured DCL sets an incredibly low bar.
I think it’s more a symptom of us taking his number off him and him not training with us. Other clubs know we don’t want him so can low ball us.

I'd agree with you apart from iwobi taking on defenders I can't think of the last time he actually went past anybody and using maupay (absolutely awful footballer) and lewin (injured for the last two years) as yard sticks on Grays performance doesn't make gray any better or worth keeping if a decent bid comes on for him.
And yet we keep Maupay and DCL amd also take a crock from Leeds on loan.
Classic Thelwell strategy.

Everton will not let Demarai Gray leave the club and sign for Al-Shabab until they have signed a replacement, due to the injuries to Dwight McNeil, Alex Iwobi and Jack Harrison. (Source: Sky Sports)

Surely not because i do not expect Gray to be match fit and interested in playing for us against Wolves.
We have Young, Danjuma, Dobbin and although not ideal Garner to cover the wide areas.

And for the next game the window will have closed.
The issue is that if we cant replace him, he will play after the window closes.

Not saying its right, but it certainly makes sense.

According to what I can see online he has two different kids with two exes, although there’s a claim he doesn’t have anything to do with one of them. Doesn’t sound terribly Christian to me, that.
He frequently posts one of the kids on his social media, I had no idea he had another.

As you say, not very nice of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.