2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I think that's far too generous, if you don't get regular top ten finishes then you start abusing a lad back from rehab going off with a potential cheekbone fracture? They embarrassed themselves and I'm ashamed of them.

The abuse is just a manifestation of the mess we are in. The people there today will have just seen DCL go off the pitch yet again while we're getting battered. I agree it's not right he should face any criticism for his injury but I understand the reaction purely because of the frustration people have right now.

The abuse is just a manifestation of the mess we are in. The people there today will have just seen DCL go off the pitch yet again while we're getting battered. I agree it's not right he should face any criticism for his injury but I understand the reaction purely because of the frustration people have right now.
I can understand the reasons for frustration, but I can't condone how it manifested itself. I feel ashamed of it.

No its not, they support their players.
They support their players even when they’re horrible, cheating, racist, cannibal scumbags.

Some of ours turn on our good natured lad putting in everything to give back to the club that’s stuck by him during injury and tough times so much so that he throws his head into danger first opportunity at the off chance he might get on the end of a crappy cross and then stays on the pitch for half an hour, clearly in pain (just look at him wincing when Martinez was taking a goal kick), before coming off when his face had swollen so much he couldn’t see properly.
This is the lad who I constantly read ‘cares more about modelling and dressing up than football’. It’s a joke and I’m sick of it. Said it before the match and sadly I was right.
Wait til he comes back (hopefully next game in a mask) and scores and these same people will ironically post ‘always loved Dom me’ with a laughing emoji