2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Can say as one of the unlucky bunch that was there today - we were booing. Wasn’t right, but we had no idea that it was a head/facial injury. Guilty of it myself and apologise, doesn’t make it any better mind.

Fan frustration boiled over and unfortunately DCL was at the wrong end of it, wrongly in hindsight.

Didn’t you guys see him get clattered in the head and have on-pitch treatment for it though?

Can say as one of the unlucky bunch that was there today - we were booing. Wasn’t right, but we had no idea that it was a head/facial injury. Guilty of it myself and apologise, doesn’t make it any better mind.

Fan frustration boiled over and unfortunately DCL was at the wrong end of it, wrongly in hindsight.

Csn I just ask mate, how do you and fellow fans think that in any way helps the team? Our away fans are up there with the best most loyal followers but thats not on, whether you all did or didnt realise what type of injury it was.

Can’t see the swelling or any of the replays that I’ve now seen at this point mate. You see an injury prone forward go down off the ball and frustration kicks in. Not right as I say and in the wrong so can only apologise on that front

one poster on here said… we will never see him play again… the bore that is thomas

i mean it was an eye injury ffs

Send him a tweet or insta and apologise to the lad.
Not nice hearing that when you've just been laid out.

Get that and booing at a performance is justified imo ( I know not everyone agrees). But booing our own player coming off injured is totally different to me.

Not like the whole of Goodison hasn’t booed Maupay off before.

As I say, nobody in the stadium can see the replays shown on tv to show a swelling. Had no idea that he’d had a bad facial injury.

Can’t see the swelling or any of the replays that I’ve now seen at this point mate. You see an injury prone forward go down off the ball and frustration kicks in. Not right as I say and in the wrong so can only apologise on that front

I completely get it mate and thought the same. First reaction when you see him sit down is he's injured again ffs and you wouldn't have known.

I thought the physios were terrible tbh, I think if he was taken off there and then, everyone would have known it was because he was clattered. He was laid out for a while and about 10 minutes later there was a camera angle behind the Villa goal whilst their keeper took a goal kick or maybe a free kick. He was in agony, you could see it on the TV. Terrible to have left him on that long imo but not surprised as our medical department have been a shambles for years.