Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
To assume Che Adams is going to come in and start burying chances left, right and centre is very naive. 'He suits a Dyche system', fine, but Maupay didn't miss chances because of the system. It was because his finishing stinks... yet his goalscoring record is still better than Adams'.

No it isn't. If you're going to make factual claims at least check them first.

Adams:

7,817 mins in the PL, 25 goals, 14 assists
Goal every 3.47 games
Goal involvement every 2.2 games

Maupay:

8,748 mins in the PL, 27 goals, 7 assists
Goal every 3.6 games
Goal involvement every 2.8 games.

No it isn't. If you're going to make factual claims at least check them first.

Adams:

7,817 mins in the PL, 25 goals, 14 assists
Goal every 3.47 games
Goal involvement every 2.2 games

Maupay:

8,748 mins in the PL, 27 goals, 7 assists
Goal every 3.6 games
Goal involvement every 2.8 games.

Sorry, Maupay's goal-scoring record prior to joining us.

Indeed, it's sad but it is what it is. The easiest example really is the amount of people who are calling for Beto despite never seeing him play but for whatever reason don't want Adams under any circumstances. Adams is £12m, Beto would be easily £30m probably. Look at the amount of examples of players coming from Italy and not cutting it here.

Kean with us but more easily seen with the similar type of player look at Scamacca last year for West Ham, could barely get in the side, who were better than us, after a big transfer and after just a year they cut their losses on him and sent him back to Italy for a £10m loss. We can't run that risk. The other point is frankly look at the striker market these days, it's absolutely goosed. I know he's a prospect and all that but look at the lad United has just signed, a totally unproven player that scored 9 goals last year and he's £70m+, I mentioned him a while ago but Kean when we were buying him was much higher rated and known when we bought him and he was literally less than half the price.

Adams is a poor player in the grand scheme of things but we're really not paying much for him at all, we could literally pay 3x as much easily, and end up with someone just as poor and we'd be in massive trouble.
pragmatism is what we need.

so much ink spilled over Adams. I dun rate him highly too. he's not what we desire or think we deserve but he's defo what we can afford atm.

and good one pointing out the number of so called top class strikers in their respective leagues who did not make it here, scamaca and earlier it was haller also at west ham.

Che Adams smacks of the Maupay deal... when Maupay plays the team doesnt work because he isnt the same size and type of player as Dom.

Well, nor is Che Adams, whilst he is deputising we will have the exact issue as with Maupay.

Maupay is 5`8, Adams is 5`9.... Adams literally is Maupay MKII, stats near on identical.

All the people complaining about Maupay probably don't realise that Adams will make Maupay more effective. He works better playing off a target man so you could potentially play them both in a 442

We better hope our other players get a few goals with a forward lineup of Adams and Maupay

Again, if you’re happy with us giving a five year contract to another striker who can’t score, that’s your lookout.
I've never suggested a five year contract. I'd prefer we looked for someone younger than Adams, and don't think we should be increasing our offer because £12m is already quite a lot.

I'm suggesting we need to get a striker in who will get us somewhere around 5-8 league goals this season, because last year our 3 strikers scored a combined 4 goals. I'm amazed we stayed up with that sort of statistic. The aim this year is to get up to 40 points and to come higher than 17th.

The main issue is finding a striker who fits the system more than Maupay because you don't need to your striker to score every week but you need him to occupy defenders so other players can increase their goal scoring opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.