Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sacked him for good reason, he broke all their players and kept trying to play murderball when 5-0 down.

Tbf the only reason they came up in the first place was because of lockdown giving them a 4 month break to get their players back and rested.

If not for that they would of stayed in the championship or probably worse considering the financial situation they were in at the time.

They sacked him for good reason, he broke all their players and kept trying to play murderball when 5-0 down.
I profess to knowing very very little about Bielsa’s achievements overseas pre-Leeds other than some details of his methods and tactics. Always found the whole thing a bit odd. We had a few decades where managers would say they were influenced and wanted to emulate SAF, which made perfect sense. Then every young manager claimed to be a cultish Bielsa disciple. Quite a difference in terms of actual achievements in a sport. Just always found it odd when everyone says “it’s a results business.”

It wasn’t, let’s not forget this is a guy who wanted to manage our U21 side and was happy to let the first team slide into the Championship, they’d have gone down the season before if he’d had stayed there
We should have taken the deal. In my books it was a huge mistake by us too.

We should have taken the deal. In my books it was a huge mistake by us too.
Nah the day any one associated with the club prioritises the youth teams over the first team’s league status is the day football dies. That’s not an acceptable deal for any current or potential manager

Status
Not open for further replies.