Summer transfer window 2023

11CD4AA0-7CC4-401A-8B72-4C61C01C0317.jpeg

This sums up the fake news that is the transfer window. Makes it funnier because it’s the RS but just goes to show you can’t ever believe any rumours until the player is holding the shirt

View attachment 222882
This sums up the fake news that is the transfer window. Makes it funnier because it’s the RS but just goes to show you can’t ever believe any rumours until the player is holding the shirt
To be fair to sky (whilst I’m in the process of taking the piss out them in my other posts) they did agree fees with both, It’s just both of them quite rightly don’t want to be horrible kopites

Tehcnically its not fake news.

Liverpool did agree a deal for both players with their clubs.

To be fair to sky (whilst I’m in the process of taking the piss out them in my other posts) they did agree fees with both, It’s just both of them quite rightly don’t want to be horrible kopites
True true. I suppose my point was to not get excited (as I suppose a lot of RS did over the last couple of days) until the deal is done!

They won’t come in for him, all have strengthened their midfield and didn’t give him a second look.
He's not in play. We've given no indication, unlike Saints and Brighton.

Livramento went to Newcastle for ÂŁ32m. He's 19, and had one season in the prem with a relegated side, who couldnt wait to cash in on him (in play).

Lavia is 20, and has the same profile as his former colleague at Southampton - just off to Chelsea for ÂŁ50m, with the RS apparently willing to pay ÂŁ60m.

Young, pretty much unproven relegated footballers now being auctioned off to the highest bidders.

Caceido, 21 - cost ÂŁ4m less than 24 months ago, caught in a bidding war above ÂŁ100m.

The market is crazy.

If no-one comes in for Onana, happy days. If one of the big boys do, we should read the runes and play the game. You would be mad not to start at ÂŁ70m as a point of entry.

It's crap these days if we can't even keep one potentially good player for more than a season. How is any other team supposed to build anything? I would hold firm it's what Brighton have done only sold on their own terms they could have cashed in on Moses last summer but kept him and made double.

Because Everton Football Club has financial commitments outside of the 1st team players. All costs have to be covered by the revenue generated by Everton and not just the costs that keep the fans happy

Mate, why do you state the obvious so much? We know that.

Have you eyed up how fooked Villa will be financially in the next 12 months?

Follow the discussion and you will see why I am saying that

Not quite on topic is it? maybe on a different thread if u want to discuss it

Kean, Gordon, Richy, and loans for Danjuma, Harrison and Young on a free suggest otherwise

Not if you know the full lengths of the situation with FFP and the premier league.

I'm certain we could find that money and spend it but we will get in big trouble with the league if we do without generating more profit.

Those players were sold to get our books in order for FFP reporting, AFAIK nothing has suggested we had to sell them or risk insolvency. I'm sure Moshiri could find money without having to sell players but if we spend that and increase our losses we are getting the book thrown at us.