Summer transfer window 2023

…..the only problem with him leaving was we we’re not able to cash in on a player who would always be found out. Never good enough, a liability on and off the pitch.
We spent about 100 million on midfielders that were worse than him sadly. If he had stayed here there is absolutely no chance we would have moved him on by now. We only got round to replacing Coleman about 18 months ago.

"Siri, show me peak Everton"
1691591915670.png

I never get this mentality to be honest. If I was a footballer I wouldn't be remotely arsed about playing 5 games in a competition I can't win every year. If people were so pressed to play CL football then they'd all go to Celtic and Rangers, get hammered every year and finish bottom of the group stage.

Barkley went from arguably being a consistent England international and the "face" of Everton at the time to a lad that was barely making the squad at Chelsea or England and was bombed out on the first oppurtunity, he won the Europa League with them, fair enough but it's not like he played a crucial part or anything like that. Gordon (in his own head) was Everton's star player and will most likely be sent out on loan next year after being found out at that level, never really having an impact with them and most likely never getting any real England career.

Fair enough if the money is much better and all that but I don't see what's so great about either of these moves from a player's point of view. Obviously I'm an Everton fan and if I were a footballer I'd want to have my full career at Everton but aside from that I'd genuinely prefer to have a career like Conor Coady who Wolves loved even though at times he was probably above the level or even Harry Kane who could go to any club in the world but isn't too fussed about leaving Spurs because he loves it and they love him.

I just don't see the appeal of basically becoming a mercenary to a club that'll forget you once the next shiny transfer comes in and takes your place.

It's just a job to the majority of them at the end of the day and money talks.

We spent about 100 million on midfielders that were worse than him sadly. If he had stayed here there is absolutely no chance we would have moved him on by now. We only got round to replacing Coleman about 18 months ago.

….he was very poor, Neil Warnock and Moyes were right when they said no manager could give him any responsibility. I watched him for England U21 get a runaround by a young Albanian postman, I knew from that moment he’d be found out. He was also found out to be just as much of a liability off the pitch.