Confirmed Signing Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portuguese newspaper Correio de Manhã says that despite rejecting the first offer, he will travel to England on Thursday or Friday for his medical and the club are determined to introduce him in the friendly against Sporting on Saturday.

Portuguese newspaper Correio de Manhã says that despite rejecting the first offer, he will travel to England on Thursday or Friday for his medical and the club are determined to introduce him in the friendly against Sporting on Saturday.

It would be just like us to play him and then he gets crocked by his former team mates 😂

is that the lisbon daily mail. bill is in charge so it wont be done this week

Very much doubt that last bit is true

The event you highlighted was when Chermiti was 14, that's why

Fair enough on other examples, I'll give you that and thanks for finally backing up your claim
It is however arrogant to say dyor(do your own research) to someone who asks you for examples of what it is you are saying.
Those making the claim bring the evidence, not the other way round I'm sure you'll agree

I never said Chermiti would be intimidated by Everton fans and he was likely never intimidated by Sporting fans either. I just hope he can play footy to a decent level tbh and that we don't boo the hell out of the odd poor touch

….I always find it strange when posters suggest Everton fans ‘boo’ when a player makes a mistake. Being 66, I’ve watched lots of football in lots of places and even played a bit myself. Crowds everywhere will groan when a player makes a mistake, crowds everywhere appreciate when a player does something they approve of.

Everton fans are passionate about their footy, Everton fans can build an atmosphere but ultimately there’s not lots of difference to reactions everywhere. It’s an absolute nonsense to think Evertonians ‘boo’ young players who miscontrol or misplace a pass. They embrace and adore players who perform well and criticise those that don’t in places like this.

Pretty much the same as fans everywhere.

A Bola says that today could be the day, and that the lack of an agreement isn’t a sign of trouble, but just that his father wants to be sure he gets the best deal possible since the pay is significantly better in English football. They also note that playing for Everton is very appealing.

…if there are no other offers on the table, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t grasp this opportunity.

This is certainly the type of player we should be targeting, the doubts I have is why SL brought in Gyokeres when they had this lad on the conveyer belt. We can all express an opinion, but only time will tell if Thelwell has identified a good one.

Last edited:
A Bola says that today could be the day, and that the lack of an agreement isn’t a sign of trouble, but just that his father wants to be sure he gets the best deal possible since the pay is significantly better in English football. They also note that playing for Everton is very appealing.

Honestly, I think we forget the human element to this. It seems we approached Sporting out of the blue a few days ago and now this lad has to uproot his (and maybe his family at his age) entire life to move to a country he’s likely never been to and a load of people here are mad the deal wasn’t done within 24 hours 🤣
Fair play to his dad making sure it’s the right deal for the kid, hope it all works out and he is what our scouts think!

Honestly, I think we forget the human element to this. It seems we approached Sporting out of the blue a few days ago and now this lad has to uproot his (and maybe his family at his age) entire life to move to a country he’s likely never been to and a load of people here are mad the deal wasn’t done within 24 hours 🤣
Fair play to his dad making sure it’s the right deal for the kid, hope it all works out and he is what our scouts think!
I want my signings NOW.

two days it takes in FM maybe a week if we need a work permit

Status
Not open for further replies.