2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has lost the pace he had that dug him out of his poor positioning. Whether that's long Covid or not, myself would not like to speculate. Be interesting this season under Dyche reign.
dyche like moyes was a defender. so yea hope he improves with a full preseason. his best game last season was against halland, didnt recall him making a mistake in that one.

Has lost the pace he had that dug him out of his poor positioning. Whether that's long Covid or not, myself would not like to speculate. Be interesting this season under Dyche reign.

He replaces Holgate as the "3rd choice" if needed. And even then it's an eyeroll.

It'll be him and Branthwaite slugging it out with Keane and Tarko being top dogs.

Said all summer apart from getting the obvious striker...we need a 1st choice centre back.

He’s exactly the same, he was crap at football then too.
Not denying covid is awful but the excuse its the reason for his complete demise is pure nonsense. I don’t recall any footballers who had covid having the same issue. For £20-£25m, he’s been a massive flop

Not denying covid is awful but the excuse its the reason for his complete demise is pure nonsense. I don’t recall any footballers who had covid having the same issue. For £20-£25m, he’s been a massive flop

Same, I’d love it if someone pointed one out to me. It looks like Ben Godfrey is the only player ever to catch covid. Also his issues were never fitness related, and he doesn’t even look like he’s lost that much “recovery pace” anyway from what I can see. It’s just a really really bad excuse for us buying another absolute pudding.

Took a long time for him to get back to full training etc after Covid. Probably hundreds of different ways Long Covid can manifest, and it must be horrendous, and I know the Long Covid clinics and care are trial and error and pretty poor.

But for 2 seasons has always presented as a magnificent physical specimen, returns to pre season checks looking like he’s spent summers in the gym (probably for aesthetics) not in bed, and still shows his pace every time he plays. Covid making him worse is a myth for me. He’s had some good games out of position since then. Also had some absolute horror shows where the mistakes made are nothing to do with fitness, stamina etc. Just drops clangers.

Was dealt a hammer blow in his early teens by not being made into a fast workmanlike right back instead of a small centre back without the required composure. Never going to be a TAA type but he would have been far better out there (relatively). A few games he was our best defender playing left back. Too late now. If he was 19 you’d reset him and loan him out as a RB to the Championship for a full year. He’s a better athlete than footballer, nothing wrong with that at all, and I love his ferocity sometimes, but you don’t stick them right in front of your goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.