2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dyche plays him come season start, it is almost surely pressure from the board. He hasn’t justified a single minute and we are trying to salvage value out of him which is impossible at this point.

…I don’t get this ‘he doesn’t suit us’ or ‘we don’t suit him’ excuses. His basic performances have been abominably poor, which is nothing to do with tactics or formation.

Again, he has for us but previous performances for other clubs shows he can cut it at this level as a squad player at least. Does that mean I want to keep him? No.

, but consider McNeil for example. He was written off and everyone on here hated him

Not "everyone". I wanted the signing, @Eggs was also pretty positive about it.

At the end of Lampards tenure we both wobbled a bit but he has clear quality. Not going to be the star in a top 6 level team (whatever this may mean) but a consistent 6-8/10 player in the right setup.

At Brighton and Brentford he showed that at the very least he's a decent PL player in the right system/team.

He never showed that at Brighton. He was a major reason for them not winning games and killing teams off after creating numerous attacking moves.

I remember posting that if they had a decent forward they'd be a great side -- im certain most people thought the same.

The only person who i remember trumpeted the signing was @GrandOldTeam

We signed him for £12mil on a 3 year deal.. for FFP we need to sell for £8mil+.

Not "everyone". I wanted the signing, @Eggs was also pretty positive about it.

At the end of Lampards tenure we both wobbled a bit but he has clear quality. Not going to be the star in a top 6 level team (whatever this may mean) but a consistent 6-8/10 player in the right setup.

He never showed that at Brighton. He was a major reason for them not winning games and killing teams off after creating numerous attacking moves.

I remember posting that if they had a decent forward they'd be a great side -- im certain most people thought the same.

The only person who i remember trumpeted the signing was @GrandOldTeam

We signed him for £12mil on a 3 year deal.. for FFP we need to sell for £8mil+.

I disagree. Averaging 10 G + A per season for Brighton is decent.

Welbeck and the Ferguson kid are very good so no shame in being worse than them.

I disagree. Averaging 10 G + A per season for Brighton is decent.

Welbeck and the Ferguson kid are very good so no shame in being worse than them.

Tbh im not sure how you can disagree...just watching brighton games or even their highlights, the number of attacks they had which ended with Maupay must have been astronomical.

10 goals and assists for a Brighton forward would be pretty low i think considering the amount of chances created for him + the amount of easy passes to team mates inside the box he squandered.

Not having a go but i find it mindblowing that youre not remembering what was pretty clear at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.