Summer transfer window 2023

I firmly believe he should have got a run of games after we cut his loan short, but conversely I’ve also lived through the likes of Branch, Cadamarteri, Chadwick, Vaughan and Anichebe and so am all too familiar with the concept of our fanbase willing a limited player to be better than he is because we want that unicorn of a goalscorer that’s come through the academy.

Good luck to the lad, but better than Maupay ≠ Good enough.

Vaughan was good enough skill wise, BUT he was made of dry twigs. Anichebe i always felt played well in cameos and European starts ...then when he got his chance played awful.

I'd add Jeffers to your list as well BTW, which really should have been our srategy all along. If we'd have played Simms more last season in place of Maupay we'd have not lost further points (because Maupay is jarg) and potentially have been seling him for 2 or 3 times this summer.

I firmly believe he should have got a run of games after we cut his loan short, but conversely I’ve also lived through the likes of Branch, Cadamarteri, Chadwick, Vaughan and Anichebe and so am all too familiar with the concept of our fanbase willing a limited player to be better than he is because we want that unicorn of a goalscorer that’s come through the academy.

i agree to an extent. I didn't see the point in brining him back if we we're going to use him and starting him against that lot across the park was unfair. I equally think if 3/4 managers who have come and gone felt he wasn't ready despite not having a fit striker for nearly two season... to the point where Dyche would rather play Gray upfront (the less said about Muapay the better) - it kinda says it all about Simms level. Like you say though, we do love the idea of a kid coming from the academy and being the next Wayne Rooney. We did it with Gordon, Davies, it's already started with Cannon and I've seen people already say it about the kid who scored at the weekend. The brutal reality is the last player from the academy who could have come close to being that 'unicorn' player was Barkley and we all saw how that ended.

Right, don't shoot the messenger here, you can take this however you want but the latest View From the Bullens podcast was one of the most depressing listens I have ever heard. Won't list everything they said, but some lowlights are:
- nothing to El Bilal Toure. No talks, nothing. Just scouted him.
- An overall budget of £25-30m without further sales.
- Putting everything into Elanga, relying on Utd doing us a favour, but Utd want more money than we are prepared to pay. Forest in now.
- Club have record lows in terms of cashflow within the business - worst ever apparently.
- Need almost all budget to go to stadium.
- Dyche happy to work with lack of players coming in. Not rocking the boat, as he is used to it.

Also learnt that the recruitment team did not recommend Mykolenko, Benitez just signed him as he liked him.

A genuinely awful situation.

In the words of Bobble on the podcast Dyche told them. "If i dont get this or that then this will be the type of season you will have".

So i dont think Dyche will be happy at all with lack of players coming in and who will blame him.

In the words of Bobble on the podcast Dyche told them. "If i dont get this or that then this will be the type of season you will have".

So i dont think Dyche will be happy at all with lack of players coming in and who will blame him.
Yep, the point being, people in here were making out he'd push hard to get players in. Opposite of what Bobble said. He's said what he needs but is happy to go with what we've got because he's used to it. Very worrying.

Right, don't shoot the messenger here, you can take this however you want but the latest View From the Bullens podcast was one of the most depressing listens I have ever heard. Won't list everything they said, but some lowlights are:
- Putting everything into Elanga, relying on Utd doing us a favour, but Utd want more money than we are prepared to pay. Forest in now.
- Club have record lows in terms of cashflow within the business - worst ever apparently.
- Dyche happy to work with lack of players coming in. Not rocking the boat, as he is used to it.

Also learnt that the recruitment team did not recommend Mykolenko, Benitez just signed him as he liked him.

That's 25m more than I expected tbh

Get all that and don't disagree. Except the likes of Cadamateri, Vaughan and Anichebe were given a decent run to prove themselves. Simms was played against two of the best teams in Europe and then used very sparingly as a sub after doing well on loan. I think he deserved a chance and we deserved a proper chance to assess him. Especially as we may bring in a so-called Championship level striker in his place.

Nothing against you at all but I do t believe they know a thing
How is dyche used to having no players coming in? Burnley signed loads of players

Elanga- forest? They don’t need him

Overall budget 25 mil? We’d have signed someone for money if so you’d imagine

Everyone knows about our low turnover

Yep, the point being, people in here were making out he'd push hard to get players in. Opposite of what Bobble said. He's said what he needs but is happy to go with what we've got because he's used to it. Very worrying.
The whole point if Dyche is that he's meant to be the guy who can just about get us through to safety with extremely limited resources. He looks like a stroppy [Poor language removed] who will stand up to the board but we have no evidence that he's not a craven boot licker behind the scenes.

Nothing against you at all but I do t believe they know a thing
How is dyche used to having no players coming in? Burnley signed loads of players

Elanga- forest? They don’t need him

Overall budget 25 mil? We’d have signed someone for money if so you’d imagine

Everyone knows about our low turnover
Again, they've been pretty accurate as far as I can tell. Certainly more so that the clickbait press or any ITKs (with the exception of Toffeenut). They obviously have contacts, buy I fully accept there is absolutely no way they could no everything unless they are on the board.

To be fair, part of it could just be easy enough to guess as we literally never have any good news whatsoever! 😆

Anyway, just sharing. Feel free to make of it what you will. As I said, I'm more inclined to believe the majority (not all) of what they say until they give me reason not to.