Transfer Rumour Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of that clip. The player himself. I wouldnt even hesitate having him here for 1 year. I think he's a great centre half. coupled with the fact i have little or no confidence at all in keane holgate and godfrey. 3 error prone defenders you would struggle to find worse.
Same catergory as ashley young. Its all about next season as the club attempts to sort itself out. Evans is better than we've got.

So

RB: Young / Seamus / Patts / Garner (the latter hopefully first choice, or MF?)
CBs: Jonny, Tarks, Keane, Brant... Holgate goes presumably
LB: Myko / Godfrey?

If Godfrey moves on, could young be option at LB for us alongside Myko?

Sort of an OK level of cover. No worldies in our backline but plenty of safe-ish hands there.

Still a bit gutted we let Coady go TBH. I think he offers more than Jonny would coming in.

So are the people who were complaining we were signing Jonny Evans, now complaining we’re not signing Jonny Evans?
I'm gutted. He'd be a good signing. Probably end up somewhere more lofty than us and own it. Player of the season, team of the year levels. Missed opportunity. Let's go all in on Vardy now

New EFC changing room at Goodison.

Bob_Dylan_-_Love_and_Theft.jpg

As a Northern Ireland native I rate Johnny Evans, he has lots of Premier League experience and is a good footballer. As a supporter of Everton Football Club I ask myself what are we doing, we sign a 38 year old on a free and we now sign a 35 year old on a free. It appears to me that our only agenda is to keep us in the Premier League for one more season so that our new ground isn’t opened as a Championship team, after that we have no plan. Bill can retire when the new ground is opened and he has his stand and then we get relegated because we have spent our money on in short term. Bill can then claim that things went astray after he felt. Something has to be done to stop this madness, we cannot sacrifice our future to make incompetence look acceptable.
bill can think what he wants. it doesn't change our opinion of him

Status
Not open for further replies.