2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo, we cant even consider this. Sell him.
Why mate?
We all have a laugh about the club being too much of a charity and hanging onto players out of sentimentality, but this is probably the time when we should be providing the lad with a path back into football and to get his head straight, whether that’s in our team, or through the loan system and continue supporting him, but the last thing we should be doing is flogging him off to someone just for the sake of saving a few quid.

Why mate?
We all have a laugh about the club being too much of a charity and hanging onto players out of sentimentality, but this is probably the time when we should be providing the lad with a path back into football and to get his head straight, whether that’s in our team, or through the loan system and continue supporting him, but the last thing we should be doing is flogging him off to someone just for the sake of saving a few quid.
The risk is also that by opening up about this and getting treatment there maybe a chance that Dele returns to be the old Dele we saw play for England and Spurs. If that happens he would be the best 10m signing ever

Let’s help him get back on the football track first , then the hard decisions have to be made. As well as the £10 mill fee there’s the fact that he only has a year left on his contract. In a hard world we’re not going to give him game time that triggers the £10 mill then have him leave at the end of the season . If it works out for Dele as we all hope then a £10 mill fee over a future say 3 year contract will be well worth while. I’m not clear what the add ons are though.
If Spurs had any compassion they would agree to waive the stage payments, to allow Everton to give him a chance to get game time, which may in turn give him a focal point in his life...but,Levy...seems unlikely, and we sure can't afford to be giving him a chance at redemption if it costs 10 million.

apologies for my ignorance on this question if its seems obvious what he said but i didn't understand what he meant when he said he was hung off a bridge at 11 by a man

I took it in the same way that Vanilla Ice once claimed to be hanged off a balcony by Suge Knight.

If Spurs had any compassion they would agree to waive the stage payments, to allow Everton to give him a chance to get game time, which may in turn give him a focal point in his life...but,Levy...seems unlikely, and we sure can't afford to be giving him a chance at redemption if it costs 10 million.
In no universe does Levy turn down legally obligated money. He would sue his kids for being bypassed in his mother's will for being Daniel Levy, and expect to win.

In no universe does Levy turn down legally obligated money. He would sue his kids for being bypassed in his mother's will for being Daniel Levy, and expect to win.

Seems unlikely doesnt it? I havnt a clue, but if we sold him to say Chelsea, for zip, then loaned him back, would that negate the contract we have with Spurs? And help the lad get better/playing.

Seems unlikely doesnt it? I havnt a clue, but if we sold him to say Chelsea, for zip, then loaned him back, would that negate the contract we have with Spurs? And help the lad get better/playing.
We would probably have to see the contract, and get an English contract attorney involved, to know. It's a good idea, if we're spitballing options.

Status
Not open for further replies.