Summer transfer window 2023

Brandon Vasquez @TheBigIguana @USABlue @anyamericansoutthere

Any good or a bit Joe Max Moore?
I don't know to be honest, but I think that the standard of the MLS has risen over the years and there must be talented young players there worth signing.

Our history with American players is actually very good.

If we did sign someone young from a league like the MLS then I could understand bringing an older more experienced striker like Antonio for a season or two while the younger player settled.

I don't know to be honest, but I think that the standard of the MLS has risen over the years and there must be talented young players there worth signing.

If we did sign someone young from a league like the MLS then I could understand bringing an older more experienced striker like Antonio for a season or two while the younger player settled.

The only American forward id be after is Balogun

Yup. Agree with this. I like Vázquez but he’s definitely going to need time to adapt to the pace of the Premier League. For a smallish fee, I think it’s worth doing as long as we bring another striker with him

Think he has some of the attributes of the classic Everton striker

….I’m not sure he’s pacey. He’s not slow but he’s not going to outrun defenders with speed.

I watched him a fair bit & although I like his competitiveness, I wouldn’t be parting with more than £10m for him.
I meant to put 'pacey-ish'.

He looks likes hes got a good first 5-10 yards off the mark.

The state of some of those "tackles" and the finishing is woeful, in the first minute of that highlight reel not one goal was scored! Not sure what we can glean from that vid, tbh.

….’terrific feet’, excellent touch. Good size, decent physicality, two footed. Gets his head up and picks a pass.

Scoring record is ordinary but he looks an intelligent player who has the technique to occupy defenders and bring colleagues into play.

….’terrific feet’, excellent touch. Good size, decent physicality, two footed. Gets his head up and picks a pass.

Scoring record is ordinary but he looks an intelligent player who has the technique to occupy defenders and bring colleagues into play.
An ordinary MLS scorer is going to be like Straq in the PL