Summer transfer window 2023

Who do you want instead

….I actually like Gyokeres but I have serious doubts about his ability to Step-up. He’s competitive but I can see top flight CBs managing him comfortably.

For the monies being asked, I think there’s much more value in the global market. Of the players linked, I like El Bilal Toure. He looks raw but he has the physicality to get defenders out of their comfort zone.

He’s also 25 so this might be the big move- at 20/21 maybe you go to Sporting for a couple of years, bang some in, build your profile then aim for a big money top half PL move, but at 25 he’d probably be well advised to head directly to the PL, rather than risk it never happening and him looking back on a whole career spent in the championship and Portugal.
I think that's a convincing argument...unless he wants to experience the Champions League.

Selling players we'd rather keep is the name of the game for a club our size. Brighton are making an art form of it, currently.

You get the big fees for selling the players you want to keep - Lukaku, Richarlison, Stones, Onana (soon), etc. We just have to hope that the new board do a much, much, much, much, much better job of reinvesting whatever we get.
Exactly.

"He wants to move up. The question is should he go to Sporting, where he can play in Europe, or should he go to a club in the Premier League that will fight for survival like Everton? It's a tough decision for him."
Champions League football I could understand but is Europa League football really that much of a pull?

"He wants to move up. The question is should he go to Sporting, where he can play in Europe, or should he go to a club in the Premier League that will fight for survival like Everton? It's a tough decision for him."

"The question is whether Everton will pay the money that'll allow Coventry to let him leave"

Arsenal away again last game straight after two of the newly promoted clubs. We need to have ourselves sorted by the end of April because unless Luton and Sheffield have nothing to play for there might be no last gasp escape this time.

….I actually like Gyokeres but I have serious doubts about his ability to Step-up. He’s competitive but I can see top flight CBs managing him comfortably.

For the monies being asked, I think there’s much more value in the global market. Of the players linked, I like El Bilal Toure. He looks raw but he has the physicality to get defenders out of their comfort zone.
Has been his name with beto who have been said the most. You think if we can keep dcl fit gyokeres could play in a two to help him adapt

Arsenal away again last game straight after two of the newly promoted clubs. We need to have ourselves sorted by the end of April because unless Luton and Sheffield have nothing to play for there might be no last gasp escape this time.
This is how far we've fallen