New Everton Stadium Discussion

That of course is pre-supposing that anybody within the club has had the foresight to contact and schmooze any or all of the major concert promoters.
As you say there are a limited number of acts that can attract huge crowds, a limited number of available dates… and already enough venues with a proven track record of hosting such events.

Indeed.

I would imagine it's a tough sell.

As you say, you need an artist that is capable of selling out a stadium.

When those artists are performing stadiums, capacity is what trumps everything.

Everton Stadium will have less capacity than other stadiums in the region, with proven records and/or operators of hosting live music.

Indeed.

Everton Stadium will have less capacity than other stadiums in the region, with proven records and/or operators of hosting live music.
Thanks mate, that’s precisely the point I was making.
BMD will be a long way down the pecking order… and that - again - presupposes that anyone within the club has even tried to get us on the pecking order.

Won't be a mid-season move because, aside of the tickets and stuff, you need to run test events beforehand for safety certificates etc

Are we going to run concerts and then rush into a fresh pitch in January? Would be a disaster really on both sides of the coin.

Multiple women's games would affect the pitch too.

So leaves you with the option of waiting for the summer - which they will do.

Thanks mate, that’s precisely the point I was making.
BMD will be a long way down the pecking order… and that - again - presupposes that anyone within the club has even tried to get us on the pecking order.

I'm sure the club have been on to SJM etc and sold them the concept already... :oops:

Won't be a mid-season move because, aside of the tickets and stuff, you need to run test events beforehand for safety certificates etc

Are we going to run concerts and then rush into a fresh pitch in January? Would be a disaster really on both sides of the coin.

I think Spurs moved mid season didn't they?

I think we'll move mid season out of necessity.

You seem to be mixing up the "correct thing to do" and "what will Everton do".

Indeed.

Location, location, location mate. Our place will look amazing under night lights with the River Mersey right behind it.

Location, location, location mate. Our place will look amazing under night lights with the River Mersey right behind it.

You think promoters care one jot about how aesthetically pleasing a stadium would look?

They care about location in terms of infrastructure and audience, but all that matters in reality is capacity/% of ticket sales.

Whoever is responsible for selling the stadium on a non match day will have a tough challenge when it comes to attracting promoters for concerts.