Summer transfer window 2023

All people saying sell pickford and get a young gk look at leeds is a massive risk for me. Would be hard to turn down money if it was something crazy like 50 million. Plus he is 29 still has alot of football to play

I don’t consider 50 million to be crazy money anymore. It gets you half a Mudryk, or two Michael Keane’s.

We need to sell or release about 10 players and start from scratch.I don't want to see the likes of Holgate,Davies, Keane ,Maupay, a crocked Calvert Lewin or an ageing Gueye and Coleman in the first squad of next season.

I don’t understand the hype around Tammy Abraham.
He scored few goals in the prem when he was at chelsea being served by some of the best midfielders and wingers. I fear he will only get around 6 or 7 goals in the whole season if he were to join us and for the price of 30 mil being quoted I just cant understand why Kev and Sean want him when there are cheaper and better alternatives available. Im sure we could even get Balogun for the price.

I don’t understand the hype around Tammy Abraham.
He scored few goals in the prem when he was at chelsea being served by some of the best midfielders and wingers. I fear he will only get around 6 or 7 goals in the whole season if he were to join us and for the price of 30 mil being quoted I just cant understand why Kev and Sean want him when there are cheaper and better alternatives available. Im sure we could even get Balogun for the price.
It was a story in a paper that lies.

I wouldnt worry about it unless an actual news source reports it.

Both of course around the same age as Pickford.

The question is, who are the next world class keepers who should be superior to Ederson/Allison's quality?

Mamardashvili at 22 or Verbruggen at 20 would be the ones imo.

Roll the dice and bring one in and put the rest of the Pickford mondy towards goalscorers.

The young replacement could be instantly as good as Pickford, if not better.
It's extremely rare for young keeper's to be instantly as good as someone the level of Pickford. That's not being afraid of change - we desperately need change throughout the team - but goalkeepers typically benefit from experience. I'd be more cautious of playing a 20 year old keeper than a 20 year midfielder for example.

Do not sell Pickford. Crazy talk.

If those idiots at spurs come calling play levy at his own game, 100m or do one.

Should pretend we’re selling Pickford to him for the whole summer then screw him over on the final day.

We just shouldn’t deal with Spurs or United at all the amount they’ve deliberately screwed us in previous windows. Especially United refusing to allow Romero Smalling or Rojo go despite us putting up big money and then string us along all window only to let them leave on loan 6 months later for nothing.

We don't sell Pickford unless Pickford wants to leave.

The board on the other hand.... If we receive £50/60m, they might go for it.

I think he is great for us but IF (and it's BIG) we get £50/60m and we can strengthen our attack as well as aspects of our defence, I think it's a tough call plus it depends on our financial position/politics.

We don't sell Pickford unless Pickford wants to leave.

The board on the other hand.... If we receive £50/60m, they might go for it.

I think he is great for us but IF (and it's BIG) we get £50/60m and we can strengthen our attack as well as aspects of our defence, I think it's a tough call plus it depends on our financial position/politics.
Sounds like he wants to know if his pal Kane is staying first, something which seems 50/50 now given Madrid and Carlo look to be interested in him.

We already have a very highly rated young GK waiting in the wings called Harry Tyrer, was on loan in the non-league last season but is expected to sign on loan for a league 1 club, will be Pickfords understudy within a couple of seasons.