Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I don’t get this ‘Dyche reluctance to play youngsters’. You highlight Stan Mills who I understand had a bad hamstring injury before the end of the season but he was hardly likely to replace Iwobi or McNeil in those crucial games.

One thing we’ve learned from Dyche is that he’s uncomplicated and he’s not one to cut off his nose to spite his face. He ultimately discarded Keane, he saw enough of Holgate, Maupay and Simms to hardly involve them.

I think he’ll pick his best team and I’d be disappointed if he’s not looking forward to working with Branthwaite.
I mean it's said because it's true - unless Branthwaite is Maldini Mk2 chances are he won't get a solid season under Dyche. Maybe if we get injuries, sure.

He's uncomplicated but he absolutely will cut off his nose to spite his face - he 'ultimately' discarded Keane after 5 extra abysmal games after him being inserted at the first possibility, he didn't play a right back at right back but instead shoehorned both Holgate and Godfrey for literally no reason (I'm gonna guess, yet again, "experience" being the reason on his side), he kept putting Maupay in to hoof to and only played Simms in games where he would never get a pass as we defended with 10 in our own box and Simms alone uptop with no one within 50 feet of him.

He'll pick his best team according to him, which will be all the veteran players, so prepare to be disappointed lol

And he'd struggle at times and would be dropped...for Keane, Holgate, or Godfrey. Because that's what happens to players his age.

Can't you see the issue there?

He's 20 years old. If you can name me a central defender currently playing regular football in the premiership at that age successfully...let me know

Unless he's Maldini regen...then he wouldn't be at Everton.

Idk what point youre failing to make here.

Heres a list of u21 centre backs...enjoy

…I think John Stones established himself at Everton around the same age. Probably unfair to compare him to that level but this lad has proper potential and could genuinely be the real deal.

We weren't a basket case club with an awful squad back then. Even then the fans got on his back.

Trying to develop a lad the state we're in is a very bad move IMO

For all the crap Martinez said/did he was right about getting off Stones' back and letting him develop. We can/could/should perhaps do the same thing here.

However, he'll be 4th choice here so this is all irrelevant.

Not off the back of 2 relegation seasons.

Idk what point youre failing to make here.

Heres a list of u21 centre backs...enjoy

Which says..... nothing.

Not one plays regularly in the premiership.
The top "valued" ones play for established Champions League clubs, well ran, and most cases in leagues less competitive.

Saliba for example was at Marseille and Nice for 2 years. The lad at Burnley from Man City played a whole season in the championship...but is nowhere near City's first team. There's levels.

We've finished bottom 4 for 2 seasons. But yeah, we'll give JB a 1st choice start at CB next season.

By what he posts on his Instagram posts I get the feeling he hopes he can stay at PSV.

…not convinced by that, Sue. I get the impression he‘s enjoyed his season and wants to keep their fans onside, but he mentions playing at the highest level possible. He’s a professional, I think once he’s away from PSV his thoughts will be elsewhere this summer.

If its to PSV then it's good business if there's a whopping resale clause in it.

Or even a decent buy back 1st choice clause.
Think we're far better served by him coming back in and playing for us next season. Sure there will be mistakes here and there but we watch that from all our lads anyway. His ceiling is very high and we really shouldn't be selling him.

I mean it's said because it's true - unless Branthwaite is Maldini Mk2 chances are he won't get a solid season under Dyche. Maybe if we get injuries, sure.

He's uncomplicated but he absolutely will cut off his nose to spite his face - he 'ultimately' discarded Keane after 5 extra abysmal games after him being inserted at the first possibility, he didn't play a right back at right back but instead shoehorned both Holgate and Godfrey for literally no reason (I'm gonna guess, yet again, "experience" being the reason on his side), he kept putting Maupay in to hoof to and only played Simms in games where he would never get a pass as we defended with 10 in our own box and Simms alone uptop with no one within 50 feet of him.

He'll pick his best team according to him, which will be all the veteran players, so prepare to be disappointed lol

He said in post match interviews it was experience re playing Holgate and Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.