2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s about getting the right manager at the right time. Rodgers and Potter are decent managers but the key difference is just having a manager who might like to pass the ball a bit is not going to magically make up for the fact our squad is utter rubbish.

Give a good manager good players and you’ll have a good team. Some Evertonians seem to want this mythical manager who had reinvented football and will get players who can’t pass a ball accurately five yards and turn them into a CL team. He doesn’t exist and it isn’t happening. If he did exist it’s certainly not any of the names they’ve been putting forward recently.

De Zerbi, the latest football genius, had a squad with Caicedo Trossard Mitoma Ferguson, McCallister, March, Enciso etc. he did amazingly with them and they finished 6th behind a Liverpool team having their worst season in years, and the top 4 full of the usual powerhouses plus Newcastle who have spent far more than them for far longer.

Now of course being 6th is better than being 17th but there’s a very good manager with very good players and he’s still not got them in the top 4. Docuoure Coleman Keane et al are not going to be carrying out any football visionary’s passing vision any time soon.

We need far better players and then we’ll play better football rather than always pining for the latest funky manager
I agree to a certain extent, but disagree to a point of this squad and team should not be having Fulham take the Piss on our own patch and Brentford and Bournemouth and I’m sure there’s plenty more dominating possession, there’s no way Bournemouth have better players than us.

4 of the Brighton players you mention Weren’t in the team than finished 9th under potter last season. Would you have wanted solly march at Everton 12 months ago?

We battered Brentford in the cup last season and they looked a poor team, but without much investment, they’ve kicked on.

I don’t think you need 11 great technical footballers to be able to keep the ball better. Look what martinez did with that moyes squad. He ultimately went to far one way, Moyes built a great side on budget, but would a better manager have done more with them?

Think Rodgers might be aware of the posts on here about his missus and Potter wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.We have to be realistic and Dyche although he wouldn't have been in my top ten of choices should be able to average 1.5 points a game over a full season even with what we have if they all stayed fit. He addressed the issues over fitness levels and training injuries as soon as he took over. Which were Lampards main failings.
Such a lazy comment that he wouldn’t touch us. Apparently palace want Potter so I’m sure we could easily attract him.

So you think dyche is going to get us 57 points. I hope he does, that would be close to Europe

Think Rodgers might be aware of the posts on here about his missus and Potter wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.We have to be realistic and Dyche although he wouldn't have been in my top ten of choices should be able to average 1.5 points a game over a full season even with what we have if they all stayed fit. He addressed the issues over fitness levels and training injuries as soon as he took over. Which were Lampards main failings.
What posts about his missus?

I agree to a certain extent, but disagree to a point of this squad and team should not be having Fulham take the Piss on our own patch and Brentford and Bournemouth and I’m sure there’s plenty more dominating possession, there’s no way Bournemouth have better players than us.

4 of the Brighton players you mention Weren’t in the team than finished 9th under potter last season. Would you have wanted solly march at Everton 12 months ago?

We battered Brentford in the cup last season and they looked a poor team, but without much investment, they’ve kicked on.

I don’t think you need 11 great technical footballers to be able to keep the ball better. Look what martinez did with that moyes squad. He ultimately went to far one way, Moyes built a great side on budget, but would a better manager have done more with them?

Martinez effectively added McCarthy and Lukaku to Moyes’ squad and was gifted Barkley and Stones. They’re extremely good players hence why we had the good season we did. We dropped off after that as good players like Pienaar and Osman got replaced by dross like Cleverely and Kone.

Of course we can improve the squad and therefore play a better style of football, that’s not in doubt and I actually think Dyche could easily do this. But the improvement of the players in the squad has to come first. We’ve had every single type of manager possibles recently and all of them have played poor football that had then they’d to losing football because fundamentally the cores of the teams they keep picking can’t play the way they want them to.

Keane Coleman Doucoure Holgate Iwobi Godfrey Gueye Davies just can’t look after a football. We need to move away from any group of players that rely on this lot being involved in a possession based game.

Change the players, properly, like a proper clear out, and then we can have some proper discussions about managers but no manager is getting anything useful out of that lot.

Not every opposition team plays as stupidly open as Brighton.

Dyche gave the league a blueprint on de Zerbi, there’ll be a lot more teams doing that next season. Doesn’t work every game though.

If we want to progress we have to have a team capable of looking after the ball, we don’t currently, hence the counterattack and set pieces being the only options really available to Dyche.

I was pointing out better managers than dyche on that list. And having a connection with the fan base only lasts so long as we’ve seen countless times down the years
You've no idea if any of them would have done any better. Don't forget the context. At the time Dyche was appointed we were in meltdown, morale was on the floor, we had a crap squad due to bad management and nothing was spent to lift us in January while Wolves, Bournemouth. Southampton. Forest etc spent big. Dyche was forced to go with what he had been left by Lampard with the atmosphere created by a maligned Board and frequent demonstrations.

Not pensioners, still journeymen.

And still an example of Dyche valuing experience more, even if it is prime relegation experience and they're clearly not fit for the role.
A lot of his decisions ( Player wise ) when he came in, seriously seriously frustrated me, but he did gradually come to the right decisions.

Think of what he walked into, ( he didn't start the season making these decisions ) 90% of managers out there, however much it frustrates you, will go for experience over youth when walking into a relegation battle.
It's a natural process and if he had gone straight the other way round and it didn't pay off he would be getting slated 10x as much for not going with experience.

All that matters, at the end of the day is he got it right and saved us. in a way he removed the players ability out of it and instilled Belief and fitness in them.

He went completely back to basics !!

Martinez effectively added McCarthy and Lukaku to Moyes’ squad and was gifted Barkley and Stones. They’re extremely good players hence why we had the good season we did. We dropped off after that as good players like Pienaar and Osman got replaced by dross like Cleverely and Kone.

Of course we can improve the squad and therefore play a better style of football, that’s not in doubt and I actually think Dyche could easily do this. But the improvement of the players in the squad has to come first. We’ve had every single type of manager possibles recently and all of them have played poor football that had then they’d to losing football because fundamentally the cores of the teams they keep picking can’t play the way they want them to.

Keane Coleman Doucoure Holgate Iwobi Godfrey Gueye Davies just can’t look after a football. We need to move away from any group of players that rely on this lot being involved in a possession based game.

Change the players, properly, like a proper clear out, and then we can have some proper discussions about managers but no manager is getting anything useful out of that lot.
I hated martinez he was clueless. We did lose fellaini and there’s no way moyes would have played Barkley or stones in the 13/14 season if he was still manager

Status
Not open for further replies.