Toxic rival fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
E5B231C1-BC40-4BAA-8BCF-21F3E6BB01AF.jpeg

Everton haters Sir. Thousands of ‘em!

If we’d have gone down I wouldn’t have given Leeds or Leicester a moment’s notice, the majority of Everton fans I know would have laid the blame solely at our own ineptitude.

Any fans of Leicester or Leeds blaming us or calling the Brighton result dodgy etc. really need to look at their own team’s failings. They haven’t gone down because we were anything approaching decent. They’ve gone down because they were utterly terrible.
Yeah they had 38 games and could only manage 31 and 34 points, but they think its our fault they went down?

I have found the reaction from the supporters of other English based football clubs of our survival very interesting.

It is not just the RS it seems to be right across the board a real disappointment that we have survived.

It is strange on one hand as we are a poorly run club who have not won a trophy for nearly 30 years and are unlikely to offer up any threat to the sharp end of the table for the foreseeable future.

I do start to wonder if on some level there is a bit of jealousy towards the club and its position as the old lady of English football. One of the founder league members. A club that is still integral to its local community with a highly concentrated local support base

For the Sky 6 success has come at a price. Prawn sandwiches, cheese rooms, half and half scarfs. It is a diluted experience. Look at the RS when they experienced a little adversity under Hodgson their attendances started to drop as people from Denmark no longer wanted to make the journey. Same thing happened to Arsenal a couple of years back when they were struggling. They still reported sell outs but some season ticket holders stopped turning up. We have been served up poo on a stick for large parts of the last 30 years. The last two seasons back to back relegation battles yet we have still been filling a stadium that has thousands of restricted view seats. The support should be proud. It also highlights how important it is that the transition to the new stadium is done properly to ensure we don’t lose our soul
I think one of the main factors for other fans and media negativity is our pretty much omnipresence through-out the history of football.
Something oil states can't buy, something far eastern band wagon supporters can't create and blinkered media empires can't dislodge.
It gets right up their noses.

I have found the reaction from the supporters of other English based football clubs of our survival very interesting.

It is not just the RS it seems to be right across the board a real disappointment that we have survived.

It is strange on one hand as we are a poorly run club who have not won a trophy for nearly 30 years and are unlikely to offer up any threat to the sharp end of the table for the foreseeable future.

I do start to wonder if on some level there is a bit of jealousy towards the club and its position as the old lady of English football. One of the founder league members. A club that is still integral to its local community with a highly concentrated local support base

For the Sky 6 success has come at a price. Prawn sandwiches, cheese rooms, half and half scarfs. It is a diluted experience. Look at the RS when they experienced a little adversity under Hodgson their attendances started to drop as people from Denmark no longer wanted to make the journey. Same thing happened to Arsenal a couple of years back when they were struggling. They still reported sell outs but some season ticket holders stopped turning up. We have been served up poo on a stick for large parts of the last 30 years. The last two seasons back to back relegation battles yet we have still been filling a stadium that has thousands of restricted view seats. The support should be proud. It also highlights how important it is that the transition to the new stadium is done properly to ensure we don’t lose our soul

Fmm65BYXEAA9E5y.jpg

Yeah they had 38 games and could only manage 31 and 34 points, but they think its our fault they went down?

We were terrible as well. It was some going to finish below this Everton team.

If I was a Leicester fan I’d be raging at my own team though. Missed pen against us. Missed opportunities to beat Everton and Leeds at home when it was in their hands. Dropped all their best players to cowardly protect a point away at Newcastle banking on us messing up. I’d be bsolutely livid if any Everton manager had done what Smith did at Newcastle when survival was in their own hands to then go down the next game because the gamble backfired.

Only themselves to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.