Summer transfer window 2023

Dyche should have given Thelwell and the club a list this morning of all the players who need to go.
Dyche should have very little control over the specifics of who comes and goes. His list should have been what players he needs and what attributes they should have. Otherwise it is Thelwell's job.

Onana seems to be a particularly contentious point re whether we would sell or not. He cost us £33m - do we think we have had a £33m players worth of performances from him this season? (I’m not blaming the lad by the way, he’s only 21 and in a struggling club in turmoil with a change of manager and in a new league)

If the answer is no to my question above, due to the factors above I have mentioned, why would we not sell him, if we received a bid of say, £55-£60m in order to provide further funds to strengthen the team in more than one area? If we’ve got a player not putting in £33m player performances then surely it makes sense from a team strengthening, profit and sustainability aspect? Just interested if anyone has thoughts?
We're not a Real Madrid or state funded club, so I think there's nothing wrong with embracing the reality of our place in the football pyramid and recognising we absolutely should recruit players to develop and flip for profit as part of the operating strategy - it's exactly what Brighton are currently doing well. Without the financial income the big boys have it's virtually impossible not need to buy low/sell high frequently.

If Onana stays and develops and grows into a key player for us, great. If someone wants to pay £60m+ for him and we reinvest smartly into a having a stronger all-round team, great. Surely thats the sort of approach any sensible, well-run club that is not top of the tree should have.

I’m not sure about the calls to cash in on Onana. He cost us £36 million and there is apparently a 20% sell on fee.

If we sell for 60 million our profit would be between £12 - £19 million.

Or at most a book profit of £21 to £27 million.

Not huge. We should keep him for a further 12 months.

Then we'll be right back here next May. I agree we need a forward, but after that is sorted we need new fullbacks on both wings.
Yup. Striker(s) is absolutely priority numero uno, but the full back positions cannot be ignored. Myko is largely rubbish, Godfrey equally so, Holgate the same, Coleman is 47, and Patterson is on his fourth(?) significant injury in the 18 months he's been here. Dyche will be well are of recruitment needs in this area based on his comments.

Davies is out of contract and I'd want to keep Onana and Doucoure.

Iwobi
Holgate
Maupay
Gomes
Gbamin
Godfrey
Keane
Gray
Simms

If we could move all of them on (Nkounkou would bring in £2mil also) it could be circa £65mil. All hitting the books in one go along with the saving on wages from out of contract and these players we'd be pretty flush.

I’d keep Gray, Keane and Godfrey from those. Plenty will disagree but all 3 can do a job and I doubt we’d get much in the way of fees. Keane hasn’t been terrible under Dyche and Godfrey can cover across the back. I wouldn’t want any of them as regular starters but as back up they’re not too bad.
Obviously if we had plenty to spend my opinion would be different

I'm generally opposed to adding to our impressive selection of relegated players, but I think Castagne would be a smart pick-up.

Good player, comfortable on either flank.

We're not a Real Madrid or state funded club, so I think there's nothing wrong with embracing the reality of our place in the football pyramid and recognising we absolutely should recruit players to develop and flip for profit as part of the operating strategy - it's exactly what Brighton are currently doing well. Without the financial income the big boys have it's virtually impossible not need to buy low/sell high frequently.

If Onana stays and develops and grows into a key player for us, great. If someone wants to pay £60m+ for him and we reinvest smartly into a having a stronger all-round team, great. Surely thats the sort of approach any sensible, well-run club that is not top of the tree should have.
Agreed, there appeared to be some who wanted to keep him for his developing potential and therefore increased market value which is understandable. The guy could become the next Viera or the next Palmer - there’s no guarantees obviously.

Given where we are with our precarious position and the potential restricted financial power we will have in the market this close season - if an offer come in on or around that value, it would just make sense in my opinion for us to sell. This of course would be on the proviso that the proceeds were reinvested back into the team.

Now, whether we would reinvest it wisely is another matter completely!

Regarding strikers - Chelsea have a ridiculous amount of forwards and apparently have a deal to get Nkunku already in place.
Get a loan deal for Broja or Fofana to go along with a new centre forward.

New striker, Broja, DCL, Cannon wouldn’t be too bad - particularly compared with what we’ve had as options this season.

Sell Maupay and Simms

Davies is out of contract and I'd want to keep Onana and Doucoure.

Iwobi
Holgate
Maupay
Gomes
Gbamin
Godfrey
Keane
Gray
Simms

If we could move all of them on (Nkounkou would bring in £2mil also) it could be circa £65mil. All hitting the books in one go along with the saving on wages from out of contract and these players we'd be pretty flush.
We would also then have 65million to replace 9 players.

Onana seems to be a particularly contentious point re whether we would sell or not. He cost us £33m - do we think we have had a £33m players worth of performances from him this season? (I’m not blaming the lad by the way, he’s only 21 and in a struggling club in turmoil with a change of manager and in a new league)

If the answer is no to my question above, due to the factors above I have mentioned, why would we not sell him, if we received a bid of say, £55-£60m in order to provide further funds to strengthen the team in more than one area? If we’ve got a player not putting in £33m player performances then surely it makes sense from a team strengthening, profit and sustainability aspect? Just interested if anyone has thoughts?
I would also include Pickford. He has been superb but we need 100 mill to spend and have to make a sacrifice to get decent players in a bit of depth all around. Enough coming out of contract for wages but no transfer money unless we sell.

Yup. Striker(s) is absolutely priority numero uno, but the full back positions cannot be ignored. Myko is largely rubbish, Godfrey equally so, Holgate the same, Coleman is 47, and Patterson is on his fourth(?) significant injury in the 18 months he's been here. Dyche will be well are of recruitment needs in this area based on his comments.
Correct. Godfrey and Holgate aren't fullbacks and Coleman is gone (I know, I know, he played well in the clutch but he's broken and old and, yes, Mr Everton, but we have to move on). Patterson and Mykolenko as our only functional fullbacks, given their injury and performance records, isn't sustainable.

Maths isn't your strong point here mate

3x30m attackers plus a keeper slightly below his level all for 50m?

3x30 is 90m on its own?
That is not the way transfers work, why do you think Chelsea were offering seven and eight year deals to the players they signed last summer.
A sale of 50m could easily free up the space to sign 100m worth of talent.