2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know what you mean. Personally, I am fully behind him, I genuinely expect us to climb the table over the next few seasons and become part of the UEFA qualifying slot group. I know its not much but its better than the last 8 years or so and I really feel he will bring stability.
I'm not sure we do stability any more. I hope I'm wrong, we can't keep doing this season after season.

44 is still well within range of a few things going wrong and you end up down.

Which is why you’d look for improvement on that through: Dyche having easier home fixtures than he was given, hopefully better fitness of key players like Patterson DCL, and new signings brought in to bolster the squad.

Is he? Based on what, exactly? Not his record. So, based on him pointing at the sky and recognising it's blue, he's ideally placed to improve those standards? This is just Lampard 2022 all over again.
Not really. And if not him then who? Need some identity and structure. Some mediocre years where we aren't fighting relegation, get in the new ground and re-build. Not saying we don't have enough ambition but they need to be realistic. You could say 'look at Leicester' but now 'look at Leicester' ! I'll take mid table mediocrity for the next 5 years and maybe a cup if it avoids the last 2 seasons. Genuinely exhausting just looking at other teams results amongst other downsides. Dyche might not be fancy enough for some but we are where we are.

He got to do way better than 40 points next season. My expectation is 50points considering the possibilities of 5 to 10 points deduction coming our way.

His current record of 1 point per game is not going to be enough. Having said that, I don’t think any manager can come in and magically hit 50 points with this squad.
Depends. What happens this summer?
Say we sell Onana and/or Pickford.
We need a solid summer of recruitment before having any expectations of anything but a relegation scrap.

Which is why you’d look for improvement on that through: Dyche having easier home fixtures than he was given, hopefully better fitness of key players like Patterson DCL, and new signings brought in to bolster the squad.
Gotta appreciate talking ourselves into a manager for barely avoiding relegation the same way we did last season and not having any awareness of it.

FWIW Dyche isn't Lampard and I doubt it goes as poorly but we just have to aim higher.

He literally built Burnley up long term.
Where does this facade come from that he is short termist?
And they stagnated, regressed and ultimately were relegated. Conversely they cleaned house, revitalized with a younger more contemporary recruitment strategy and manager and are better for it. Limitations on Dyche's era are fair to note, but Burnley are in a more stable position this premier league run then they were under Dyche

Let me be clear I think he has more grounds for consideration than Lampard did a year ago, but survival is not a competent prerequisite as demonstrated by Frank. I think the club is in crisis and Dyche's cautionary tactics may aid the present. It also comes though with major risks. If our recruitment simply placates to his style, or follows his past precedent I expect the drop to loom or happen shortly after.

I think MSP's investment and the board should be sorted before anything with the gaffer changes. But this club was a worldy goal away from the drop. All aspects should we scrutinized or examined to be improved upon and that includes the manager.

And they stagnated, regressed and ultimately were relegated. Conversely they cleaned house, revitalized with a younger more contemporary recruitment strategy and manager and are better for it. Limitations on Dyche's era are fair to note, but Burnley are in a more stable position this premier league run then they were under Dyche

Let me be clear I think he has more grounds for consideration than Lampard did a year ago, but survival is not a competent prerequisite as demonstrated by Frank. I think the club is in crisis and Dyche's cautionary tactics may aid the present. It also comes though with major risks. If our recruitment simply placates to his style, or follows his past precedent I expect the drop to loom or happen shortly after.

I think MSP's investment and the board should be sorted before anything with the gaffer changes. But this club was a worldy goal away from the drop. All aspects should we scrutinized or examined to be improved upon and that includes the manager.
That happens with loads of managers though. Most run out of road bar Klopp and Pep in today's game.

Think you need to wait till next year, to see if Burnley stay up to make a serious comparison.

Certainly everything has to be up for discussion but not until the board is sorted. And I suspect that will not happen overnight. Personally think Dyche deserves a go next year and if new board members decide to move him on next season then I’ve no issue with that providing there is a clear plan regarding who is coming in and recruitment. Letting Dyche bring in players and take most of preseason then giving him the bullet is the sort of hare brained thing I’d expect from the current lot.

He got to do way better than 40 points next season. My expectation is 50points considering the possibilities of 5 to 10 points deduction coming our way.
I honestly think it will be a fine. Keep in mind, if we get a 10 point deduction, Man City must get a 1,140 point deduction, as we have 1 charge against us, and they have 114 charges against them. I am sure if any punishment comes from it, it will be a hefty fine and a warning about future breaches.

I honestly think it will be a fine. Keep in mind, if we get a 10 point deduction, Man City must get a 1,140 point deduction, as we have 1 charge against us, and they have 114 charges against them. I am sure if any punishment comes from it, it will be a hefty fine and a warning about future breaches.
For a first offence surely it’s bound to be a fine? They did bog all to city last time.

If we have any kind of money to spend and the squad is going to be rebuilt, now is the time to get a manager in long-term.

If Dyche isn't seen as a long-term manager and was meerly a stop-gap, then we have to find someone else. Otherwise if the goal is for him to be around for years to come, ala Moyes, then you give him the keys and pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.