Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The board is one thing but squad wise what's everyone's thoughts? I don't think we're miles away from having a decent squad. Maybe 4/5 signings. 2/3 strikers and a couple attacking fullbacks. Maybe another winger but I think McNeil showed glimses of what he can do since Dyche came in. We definitely need to remove the lack of quality. Holgate, Maupay, Davies, Keane, Gbamin (yes he's still our player) and get more of the youth players in
Massage surgery is needed on the squad but I don’t see how we can do it with the pressure of FFP.
Have to hope that Dyche and his team can make some astute signings and evolving the squad over time works. I don’t trust Thelwell - haven’t seen enough from him yet to suggest he’s little more than a guy who can produce a massive PowerPoint presentation with nice graphics which tells us what we already know is going wrong and offers no way forwards.

We will be way off relegation next season
I hope you’re right, I could do without a repeat of yesterday anytime soon. The one bonus we have is that most of our better players are young (McNeil, Garner, Onana if he stays, and Patterson) with Pickford and Tarkowski being the only good players who are in their prime (fit DCL too, but I think he’s pretty much finished now).

Did they have noise cancelling microphones on the telly at Goodison or something, cos I’ve had a few mates saying it seemed dead quiet when they watched on the tv, and I’m like that was the loudest I’ve heard Goodison for a while?!? Loud for long periods as well?

I hope you’re right, I could do without a repeat of yesterday anytime soon. The one bonus we have is that most of our better players are young (McNeil, Garner, Onana if he stays, and Patterson) with Pickford and Tarkowski being the only good players who are in their prime (fit DCL too, but I think he’s pretty much finished now).
Yeh
I think we’ll get a good few games (20+++) out of dcl next season and should have another decent forward.
Dyche will surprise a few next season

Yeh
I think we’ll get a good few games (20+++) out of dcl next season and should have another decent forward.
Dyche will surprise a few next season
Agreed, I don’t think our squad on paper should’ve been in the trouble it was, apart from the lack of creativity and lack of a proven goalscorer. I’d like to see us bring in a creative right winger, and a decent left back along with a striker and I think we’d shoot up the league, especially with Branthwaite coming back after a very good loan at PSV

Agreed, I don’t think our squad on paper should’ve been in the trouble it was, apart from the lack of creativity and lack of a proven goalscorer. I’d like to see us bring in a creative right winger, and a decent left back along with a striker and I think we’d shoot up the league, especially with Branthwaite coming back after a very good loan at PSV
Yeh, I’m looking forward to it tbh

Will I never learn?

From the heights of ecstasy to the depths of despair you’ve just got to love sport, whatever sport you follow it can bring your great joy or great misery and I think this is why I follow most sports.
Think of all the great sporting moments you’ve watched in you life, the Shane Warne wicket of Mike Gatting the dismissal of Bret Lee by Flintoff, Alex Higgins break against Jimmy White, Wilkinson’s drop goal in RUWCF.
The highs of watching Everton winning championships and cups, to the lows of our cup final defeats by the rs and the 4 relegation games we’ve come through. People rightly say the birth of your children is the most emotional thing they’ll go through but that’s a personal emotion there’s not 40K people outside the maternity hospital when you leave (in my case 3am on a balmy August morning) waiting to hug you and share the moment. I love sport and all the emotion it bring I just can’t imagine life without sport,still I could’ve done without yesterday still not fully landed from cloud 9.

I see a number of people now posting with the view that maybe the squad isn’t that bad and that next season we won’t be in a relegation scrap. The truth of the matter is that for two years this squad has escaped relegation, if there is not radical changes then next year will be a repeat of the last two, only next year we might not be lucky. Most of this squad are not good enough, not robust enough or not committed enough to improve. That said, our biggest problem is that we have an owner and board who keep making bad decisions, they constantly get it wrong. If there is new investors in the club I dread to think how they will manage to waste it. We need new people in positions of power, we need to sack the board and put in people who know what they are doing and who will stand up to Moshiri and stop him interfering in football matters. Yesterday wasn’t a victory, it is an opportunity to start to rebuild a great footballing institution, please Bill Kenwright don’t waste it, resign now while we are a Premier League club and take your cronies with you.

Massage surgery is needed on the squad but I don’t see how we can do it with the pressure of FFP.
Have to hope that Dyche and his team can make some astute signings and evolving the squad over time works. I don’t trust Thelwell - haven’t seen enough from him yet to suggest he’s little more than a guy who can produce a massive PowerPoint presentation with nice graphics which tells us what we already know is going wrong and offers no way forwards.
the wish is father to the thought ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.