2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether we should replace Dyche in the summer or not really comes down to two things

1. Will we still be a Premier League team?

2. Who will be available as a potential replacement?

You'd think the first one would have a pronounced effect on the second one
I feel like "is Dyche a good coach?" should be a question we answer too

Lampards ceiling was high for some people based on no evidence. This man has come in and done a better job and people want rid. The football isn't even 'ugly' when we're at full strength
We look better with and without the ball under Dyche, i'm sure people forget some of the turgid football Lampard resulted to playing at times.

but good enough for us at the moment is also a bar. Like he has improved McNeil by miles. Doucoure is good under him. Has increased our XG and our XG against. This squad was labelled as terrible for Lampard, so it's the same for Dyche.
Not for me. The squad underachieved under Lampard.

The last game? Leicester? Spurs? Not saying win them all but we aren't playing City every week.

I don't really care so much results wise anyway. Whether we keep him or not doesn't lie with the results.

@GrandOldSte117 missed the reply button apparently

Yes I agree one of the issues is the club is run horribly and the next hire will likely be bad too.
Dyche wasn't a bad appointment, the best option we had. Of course he has to take some blame if we go down but he was handed a hard set of fixtures, Lampard completely messed up our easy run in.

Dyche wasn't a bad appointment, the best option we had. Of course he has to take some blame if we go down but he was handed a hard set of fixtures, Lampard completely messed up our easy run in.
He's not a bad appointment if we acknowledge he was short term to fight the fire and move on

He's not a bad appointment if we acknowledge he was short term to fight the fire and move on
Doesn't really feel like a short term fire, though, does it? Is there any point in us trying to attract some big name manager, renowned for innovative methods and classy play, if there are no fundamental changed at the club? If Sunday goes well then all I'm looking for next season is to be safe with, say, six games to go. Dyche can...maybe...get us that

Doesn't really feel like a short term fire, though, does it? Is there any point in us trying to attract some big name manager, renowned for innovative methods and classy play, if there are no fundamental changed at the club? If Sunday goes well then all I'm looking for next season is to be safe with, say, six games to go. Dyche can...maybe...get us that
Big name isn't happening.

But a better manager than Dyche is obtainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.