2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there is someone in the entire world of football who is both better than Dyche and willing to manage a PL team with limitations. If we go down it is harder but still not impossible.

The question is do we have the scouting to actually find anyone? Probably not tbh.
We don't cos we only go for big names, Dyche till next season unless you want dunc or lampard in charge

Think Dyche is the choice for foreseeable future ( whether that’s PL / point’s deduction or Championship) Whatever scenario we’re in will require grinding out results with a poor squad. Think he’s ok … just wish he was more pro.active / forward thinking with subs. Desperate to stay up on Sun but either way next season is another slog and mitigating disaster

People's obsession with Lampard makes my head spin.

Is Dyche a good manager? Not really.
Is he a long term solution? Absolutely not.
Is he staying regardless of relegation? Most certainly, yes.
Can we afford to sack him? Have no idea.
Are there better young, progressive managers in Europe we could tempt? Yes.
Have Thellwell, Kenwright and Moshiri ever heard of them? Of course not.

You can agree or have different opinion, rate Dyche or not, but what on earth it has to do with Lampard? How can Lampard being a poor manager make Dyche good or bad?

Until the mess of ownership and that stinking board of directors and their cronies (Prenno) is sorted out, what would be the point of sacking another manager should we go down or should we stay up?!

He wouldn’t have been my first choice but Dyche has done a decent-okish job - yes, he’s made mistakes (Keane) but he seems to have rectified and learned, and our results have been better under him.

I am not sure any manager could have got what he has out of probably the worst most unbalanced squad in the division.

Our Focus should be solely on Sunday and winning - the inquest begins immediately after the result, whatever it may be.

Think Dyche is the choice for foreseeable future ( whether that’s PL / point’s deduction or Championship) Whatever scenario we’re in will require grinding out results with a poor squad. Think he’s ok … just wish he was more pro.active / forward thinking with subs. Desperate to stay up on Sun but either way next season is another slog and mitigating disaster
I don't think this is required. In fact the attack has been quite good when we've stopped the grinding and the key is balancing that with a bit more security at the back. I'd say my biggest concern with Dyche right now more than anything is about the balance. We haven't had many complete matches. I'm not expecting it every week of course but maybe more often is obtainable.

You can agree or have different opinion, rate Dyche or not, but what on earth it has to do with Lampard? How can Lampard being a poor manager make Dyche good or bad?

Spot on. There is no 'plan' from the club's current 'decision makers'.

I despise the RS, but I bet they are already looking at replacements for Herr Flick.

nail_biting_stress.jpg

Dyche wasn't a bad appointment, the best option we had. Of course he has to take some blame if we go down but he was handed a hard set of fixtures, Lampard completely messed up our easy run in.
If your squad has no goals in its boots and you will have to stay up by nicking enough 1-0 home wins, who else ya gonna call? He was probably the best available fit for this particular right mess.

I don't see why people are expecting any manager to walk through the door and work miracles with this squad. Even Ancelotti couldn't drive this wage-flushing trainwreck to 60 using his players on big pay packets. The subs Dyche used against Wolves were Holgate, Keane, Maupay and Gray. It's not like we would have wanted to see any of the other bench options on the pitch (or any of the subs except Gray, really).

If we want a manager to manage, he needs something to work with.

Given what has happened since Benitez took over. I think you are spot on. Survival has to be the objective next season.
No. A safe midtable position should be the objective next season(if we’re still in the PL). Anything less is another failure in a growing string of failures. If we are in this situation next season too, i see no point in even trying anymore, as things arnt improving. We are Everton. We are not one of these crap jojo clubs. No wonder we keep failing when the absolutely lowest ‘acceptable’ result is what some think should be the clubs objective next season. Get a grip.
This garbage we have been served the past couple of years isnt good enough— it really is that simple.

More the fact people are very quick to want Dyche out but were more than happy for Lampard to stay far past his sell by date i.e. January onwards.

No. A safe midtable position should be the objective next season(if we’re still in the PL). Anything less is another failure in a growing string of failures. If we are in this situation next season too, i see no point in even trying anymore, as things arnt improving. We are Everton. We are not one of these crap jojo clubs. No wonder we keep failing when the absolutely lowest ‘acceptable’ result is what some think should be the clubs objective next season. Get a grip.
This garbage we have been served the past couple of years isnt good enough— it really is that simple.
I think I'm on record as saying that 16th and up before the final weekend was always the goal. (Actually, I know, because I double checked.) I also thought we would go down unless we brought in some midfield quality, which we did. Not as much as we would have liked, which is part of why we're still in the soup, but the midfield improved. We've been starting two of last year's midfield players lately - Iwobi on improvement, and Doucoure on being halfway decent.

As we get the wages we've been flushing off the books in the next couple of years, we can steer the Titanic away from the iceberg. The question is whether or not we will, which is why those who want the board and Moshiri out have been as vocal as they have been. It's also why Thelwell is catching flak. I think that's mostly undeserved, but YMMV on that one. I do see how failing to cover DCL properly trumps everything else, for a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.