Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again though this game is just another example of the laughable gulf in quality between teams playing in the same 'top' league in Europe. Does have me seriously questioning the point of our participation in the 'Premier' League full stop....
There’sa gulf in class between City the rest of the league to be fair. Like you say, no point playing in it apart from the cash.

Maybe over the next 5 years Everton could spend somewhere around 3/4 of a billion pounds and be able to compete with City except hang on, if somebody other than City/Chelsea/United/Liverpool did that they might have an unfair advantage!!!

Normal service has been resumed . Ok , we are playing Man City. Maybe I was far too optimistic to think that we could beat them. But we now have Wolves and Bournemouth to play. They ain’t Man City. Of course I want us to stay in the premier league. But this has to all change for next season. Things need addressed . We all know that.
And if we survive , I suppose , it’s another season of mediocrity. But no more relegation battles.
Just a last thought . I was thinking that relegation might not be that bad . Rebuild . Win football matches . Get straight back up.
But then , and I hope that this makes sense , I don’t trust this Everton regime. I don’t trust that there will be changes at board level. I don’t trust that we can get onboard the players that we need. I don’t trust that Everton will do the right things. I just don’t trust Everton to bounce back up. I’m scared , to what , championship football might bring. That’s our Everton.
So it’s , win our next two matches , Save this club. Better staying in the premier league , that dropping down , to the unknown. Up the Toffees.
Ramble over folks .

Status
Not open for further replies.