Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does city get away with it for years and never get charged?

Sportwashing and being blinded by wealth and success.

For years you've got City being the blueprint on how to run a club. Money, infrastructure, success on and off the field.

If it wasn't for Rui Pinto who created Football Leaks website in 2015 and hacked into club's databases...none of this would've come to light.

Don't forget after the leak Ronaldo and a host of other players got pulled up by governments for tax evasion, the creation of the European super League, and that City and PSG were bending FFP regs.

Think he's waiting for a verdict to be convicted.

We survive relegation only to be sanctioned with a points deduction for FFP transgressions and get relegated anyway.

Everton that!
While that wouldn't be my favoured outcome, it does beat getting relegated THEN getting a points deduction.

We could absolutely Sunderland it. Or - even worse, with the relegation financial apocalypse - Rangers it.

With 3 games to go I don't think they could give Everton a points deduction.

Can you imagine if we appealed and won the appeal but in the meantime we got relegated and Everton then claimed it psychologically affected the players when the points deduction was given

It would be far too messy imo so I think it's something that will need to be done end of the season.

Does the sigurdson situation have any part in this we paid his wages and were denied a tranfer fee for something we or him had no control over and it was never proven he did anything wrong.
Must run into a few millions ?
Nothing really stopping us playing him other than it being morally right and preventing Everton being brought into (further) disrepute.
EPL won’t care that we didn’t play him (for the right reasons).

With 3 games to go I don't think they could give Everton a points deduction.

Can you imagine if we appealed and won the appeal but in the meantime we got relegated and Everton then claimed it psychologically affected the players when the points deduction was given

It would be far too messy imo so I think it's something that will need to be done end of the season.
At this point, the PL really won’t want to give us a points deduction that relegates us, or actually say we are guilty.

All 3 clubs that went down last season would likely sue PL for loss of earnings etc, and essentially, every other club in the league would have an argument for loss of earnings/positions etc. For example, we beat arsenal last year and they missed out on Champions League by 2 points.

If the PL turn round and say we are guilty, arsenal could argue that they would have beaten us because we would have had a weaker team as couldn’t afford the players we actually signed and they therefore would have got Champions League. And the PL were complicit in us being guilty as they said it was all fine and had no case to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.