Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine

City are in fantastic form though. A draw maybe but can't see us keeping them out for 90 minutes.

Even a draw is a stretch though. They are ruthless at the end of the season
They are, and it is probable that they beat us, but they drew at West Ham in the run in last season, the same day we lost to Brentford at home so it’s not unheard of for them to drop points in a run in

Can see Leicester beating West Ham, and see Leeds beating West Ham and Spurs
Genuinely how? Leicester and Leeds, along with us are down where we are purely based on merit this season. Look how bad we’ve looked all year, now imagine there’s 3 that are actually worse.

You’re then talking about Spurs who are a top 6 team with Harry Kane and a soon to be European finalist in West Ham. Our result today was a shock for sure but I don’t know where you’re getting that these 2 teams, who’ve been dross and are in their worst spells will pick up wins against 2 good sides.

Still think we need 4 more points. Which means it’s likely coming down to Bournemouth one way or another.

Leeds getting 2 wins from 3 is unlikely but they’re going to get a not arsed west ham and a likely not arsed spurs. Forest could easily take a point off Chelsea. Leicester can find some quality (it’s in their team) and surprise a few.

After Forests result, we had to have today, but it’s just a start. Squeaky bum time continues.

Genuinely how? Leicester and Leeds, along with us are down where we are purely based on merit this season. Look how bad we’ve looked all year, now imagine there’s 3 that are actually worse.

You’re then talking about Spurs who are a top 6 team with Harry Kane and a soon to be European finalist in West Ham. Our result today was a shock for sure but I don’t know where you’re getting that these 2 teams, who’ve been dross and are in their worst spells will pick up wins against 2 good sides.
Spurs and West Ham could just decide to pack it in if they don’t have anything to play for. West ham definitely don’t anymore. You just never know. Who would have thought Everton could beat Brighton 5-1? Crazy stuff happens.

Spurs with Harry Kane couldn't win at Goodison against 10 men, threw away a 3-1 lead v Southampton with 10 minutes left and also lost from a goal up at home to Bournemouth when they were in bottom 3 so they're no team to rely on given they've shipped nearly 60 goals in the league.

Leeds are poor at the back though so that feels a coin toss 3-2 either way game. The trick is for Leeds to lose the two before so they can only get to 33 points on final day. With poorer GD that really does simplify the task for final day, a point at Wolves and that's a very strong starting position to be in.

With West Ham it really depends what effort they put in. If they're in a european final they're not going to be risking Declan Rice for a meaningless premier league game (for them anyway). However they have squad players who can come in and be difficult for Leeds and Leicester e.g. Fornals and Danny Ings so they'll be competitive and will remain a threat from set pieces so could still comfortably hold those two to draws which should be good enough.

Probably still another twist or two left in this season but christ I'd have ripped both arms off for this scenario now when Maddison was stepping up to take the penalty just over a week ago. He scores and it would be a very desperate situation, wouldn't even be above Leicester now with today's results so that shows how tight it remains.

Should just treat City as a free swing, almost everyone expects us to lose
It, we should just sit deep and counter like we did today and see where it take us. A draw would be a good result on the back of this one and puts us in a strong position going into the last two games.

No not safe but fck it. Im gona enjoy this one for a few days and forget the R word. I'll pick that up again at the weekend
One of the most unexpected results ive seen from Everton in years and i only posted yesterday why cant we pull out results like this.
Gonna enjoy. Bollox to man city. It can wait.

I think we may need another 4 or 5 points - got laughed at saying that in here earlier but the Forest win today puts pressure on that. If we're lucky another win could be enough but Leeds and Leicester could have 3 to 6 points in them looking at their fixtures with West Ham who are now safe and focusing on Europe. Forest could also pick up another 3 or 4 depending on what Chelsea team turns up and if Palace have the deckchairs out final day of the season.

We need to be better than not one but two of those teams.

It's not over yet but today goes a long way to getting us out of this mess and improves the goal difference.

Hopefully come the last two games of the season Wolves and Bournemouth are in holiday mode.

Last edited:
6ffb6100-bc12-11ea-bb7f-d92c0fc7bca1.webp.jpg

I'm pricing in wins for Leeds, Forest, and Leicester next weekend.

We've got to earn a few more points ourselves before we can truly breathe easy.
I think they all lose myself
but you're right, we still have to do it ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.