Grand Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we wanted to make a statement that said our aim is to uphold the standards of our motto and become world class again then it could only be Neville Southall opening it that would do that imo.
Living legend. Was once the best in the world. Never compromised his opinion of the standards required even when it made him an outcast.

Round up all the boys who’s stood in the boys pen all them years ago with Blue Bill
Bill can you the club all there names

As much as I would love to see Big Nev do the honours.
I still think the best shout was made by a previous poster, and that is to find the oldest fan of the club and let them take the reigns..
I mean this is 'The Peoples Club' isn't it.
( Tho I wouldn't Necessarily narrow it down to a still existing ST holder as there could be good reasons why someone isn't still able to go to games )

As previous posters have said, Colin Harvey, oldest ST holder and their youngest Everton supporter as a gesture of handing over the stadium to the next generation. All 3 to cut the ribbon simultaneously
I like that, Including the future Generation aswell, as they will be the face of this club for the years ahead...

I like that, Including the future Generation aswell, as they will be the face of this club for the years ahead...
Ya lad it's nice to honour the past and present but it be nice for a supporter in 70 years time hopefully saying "well I'm that person in the photo that cut the ribbon with Colin Harvey and my Grandad"

Thoughts on who should “cut the ribbon” when the new ground finally opens?

I’ll go for Neville Southall…

When I'm feeling good about it Neville Southall seems like a great idea, or even a group of them from 1985-7.
At other times I feel like it is going to be Bill Kenwright and Farhad Moshiri doing it themselves and taking all the glory.

Perfect, absolutely perfect.

It's for that very reason you can absolutely guarantee that the idea won't even come up during the brainstorm when it's being discussed by the club.

Oldest and youngest together

It would be amazing if it was a young boy or girl - nobody famous just something to talk about the future, instead of just the 'happy times' of the past

Honestly the debate is purely rhetoric. Of course Moshiri will open the stadium he paid for. Right next to him will be Bill and Denise.

There is no other possibility, sad to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.