2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want him to be put straight back in because gray has played well and could put his confidence down. Will be a great option to have Dominic Calvert-Lewin as could be in two with gray and used as a target to hit for the crosses
If Dom is fit Gray would want him playing up top and it wouldn't dent his confidence at all. He knows he's filling in temporarily

When he returns to full fitness, start him from the bench and gradually bring him back to full match fitness.

….not sure it really works like that with hamstrings as there’s a real chance it would pop coming off the bench. Probably best start him, get up to speed in the match and bring him off when the muscle starts to fatigue.

Main problem with DCL is the longer he is injured the more people forget how useless he has been (6 months under Carlo and the goal v CP aside).. so we keep waiting for him to come back instead and be the player we want him to be instead of moving on..

It just becomes boring revisionism. In the 2 seasons before Carlos season (21 goals) he scored 8 and 15.

Prior to that, he was like 20 years old and being played as a wide forward and even as a wingback.

It’s not even that. I just don’t understand how strikers are not praised for the other work they do. His all round game is better than Simms and Maupay’s combined. We win more when he plays, simple.

It’s not even that. I just don’t understand how strikers are not praised for the other work they do. His all round game is better than Simms and Maupay’s combined. We win more when he plays, simple.
Oh I completely agree with all that as well. That’s why several managers played him out of position when he was still young because of what he offered to the team. But as most base it on goals alone, it’s easier to shoot them down by using his goals.

Dyche doesn’t seem to like to rush players back from injury which can only be good for him. Feel like we’ve been terrible at injury management for years now
Yes, i think Dyche has the right idea! If you have a suspect hamstring then do everthing you can to strengthen the muscles around it so its protected as much as possible. Dont play him in matches until his whole body is 100% or the problem will.just continue by bringing him back at 80% fitness. Hopefully a proper fitness regime will get him back to getting some sort of run, hopefully before the end of the season....

Main problem with Dominic Calvert-Lewin is the longer he is injured the more people forget how useless he has been (6 months under Carlo and the goal v CP aside).. so we keep waiting for him to come back instead and be the player we want him to be instead of moving on..
Think part of the issue is only Carlo seems to have played to his strengths. Even when Dunc had a few games he looked more efffective.
Suspect Dyche know what to do with him too if he ever gets on the pitch for a run of games.
Lampard defo tried to play him differently when he was fit.

Think part of the issue is only Carlo seems to have played to his strengths. Even when Dunc had a few games he looked more efffective.
Suspect Dyche know what to do with him too if he ever gets on the pitch for a run of games.
Lampard defo tried to play him differently when he was fit.
Carlo got a tune out of him. I even went on record as retracting my previous statements.. but I feel like I was too optimistic and thought he had solved his issues. Maybe I’m being too strong with the word useless, but be that as it may…

let me ask: what are his strengths that Carlo was playing to?

Status
Not open for further replies.