Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First goal scruffy too. We could have filled that hole, our 3 midfielders didn’t sprint into the box when the ball chipped over.

Annoying that we are conceding these sorts of goals and pens, but it is sort of positive that teams are scoring goals that we could/should stop. Better that than getting ripped apart, I think. As long as at some point we stop doing it.

I didn’t think you were allowed to come to a full stop on a penalty run up?
Agree with every word.

Havertz is such a funny player, literally scores just enough goals to not be considered one of the biggest flops in recent history but really offers very little! If my club had spent £800m in a season and ended up with him up front i’d lose the will to live
Almost as bad as spending almost 600m and ending up with maupay up front

Tbh I've been feeling lowest I've ever been feeling my whole life I've got nothing to live for that result has given me hope in life that things get better that God cares for me and Everton tonight.
Sorry to hear that mate. Don’t give up. Things can and do get better. Look at Everton. Same team but with a bit of help, encouragement and a few small changes things slowly start to get better. But don’t be hard on yourself, it isn’t instant and it always has setbacks but the resilience to keep going is the ‘secret’ to making things better. Take care of yourself

It could have been two penalties

Interesting analysis

Surprised it wasn't 😉 also did anyone else find the "var offside" a bit farcial, ref to players telling them checking offside, and then a couple of seconds later not offside goal stands. Where was the replay ? The lines ? None of that err onside, goal mate just carry on...

Status
Not open for further replies.