Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too early for this mate , 3 points behind us & we've got Chelsea away at the weekend.

Loads of twists in this yet.
Yup, the short-termism of football fans is something to behold. I said weeks ago one thing I can guarantee is that before the seasons out we'll lose games we expect to win and win games we are expected to lose. What's true for Everton will also be true for most clubs fighting relegation.

Palace are dropping so hard I wouldn’t be surprised if they finished 20th.

Crazy bad form.

They probably only need two wins to get safe (they'll obviously draw a few in the run in with how they set up). Looked at half time and they actually had a higher xG than Brighton (for those that care about that metric) which is very rare when they play Brighton.

It's a bad run but no different to what this club was doing 12 months ago and still won 3-4 games from April onwards. They'll grind out a 1-0 v someone and then be reasonably comfortable imo. It would certainly be a great help for them to take points off West Ham, Bournemouth, Saints and Leeds in the run in.

Viera to be gone in the morning and Allardyce to be parachuted in for these final 11 fixtures. They turned to him 5 years ago to keep them up when they were in a very similar situation, and he's still on good terms with Steve Parish. Their squad is definitely has enough if they just get back to basics.

He'll also want to go out on a better note than a relegation with West Brom. If it is him then I think that's one club we likely won't get above especially considering our run of games now.

Still loads to do but I'm slowly gaining confidence that there are indeed definitely three worse teams than us.

Palace are that bad we battered them this season under Lampard.

They may scrape it but they look like a team that needs a boost and different ideas.

Viera out during international break.

BB3DFAB8-BBB9-4CDF-9F94-93655CA36838.jpeg

Palace haven’t actually won this year, and look completely toothless. But have quite the run of fixtures after Arsenal, six of the relegation candidates in a row.

View attachment 206558

Palace haven’t actually won this year, and look completely toothless. But have quite the run of fixtures after Arsenal, six of the relegation candidates in a row.

Problem for Palace is now every single one of their opposition see them as a team they can beat.

Aside from us (!) and Saints would you really back Palace to beat the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.