2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley dropped last year and are streaks ahead of everyone else at the top of the table with a squad that doesn’t possess one player of Premiership quality.

Tell me you’ve not seen Burnley this season without saying you’ve not seen Burnley.

I don't rate our players, but there's no reason to be intimidated by those three sides: all three are crazily erratic. If Everton are to dig themselves out of this hole, they'll be needing points from these games. Bournemouth beat Liverpool today. Forest drew with City. We won't be writing these games off against sides who, collectively, are on the verge of sacking their managers and are recovering from a 7-0 shellacking that even our worst sides haven't endured at Anfield.
I fancy us to get 4 points out of the next three games.

Home win v Spurs and a draw to Chelsea. They've had a good run in the last few games but I fancy them to always fall away this season. They have nothing to play for in the PL and will want to focus on the CL. It's an indication of how bad Leicester are that they failed to take a point off Chelsea at home.

I fancy us to get 4 points out of the next three games.

Home win v Spurs and a draw to Chelsea. They've had a good run in the last few games but I fancy them to always fall away this season. They have nothing to play for in the PL and will want to focus on the CL. It's an indication of how bad Leicester are that they failed to take a point off Chelsea at home.

ha ha dave how about chelsea are getting results? not that the foxes are just crap

Xg first 7 games on average is 1.4
Xga first 7 games on average is 1.6

Previous 7 games average is xg of 1.01 xg and Xga of 1.86.

So Dyche statistically has us having more chances and conceding less chances. That's with playing Arsenal twice and Liverpool.

In the prior seven games we had Bournemouth, West Ham, Wolves ffs!

Enough of the stats tho as the improvement is obvious on the eye as well.

Xg first 7 games on average is 1.4
Xga first 7 games on average is 1.6

Previous 7 games average is xg of 1.01 xg and Xga of 1.86.

So Dyche statistically has us having more chances and conceding less chances. That's with playing Arsenal twice and Liverpool.

In the prior seven games we had Bournemouth, West Ham, Wolves ffs!

Enough of the stats tho as the improvement is obvious on the eye as well.

He is at least twice the manager of Lampard.

@dan7787

Well do we just sit here and wait for Dyche to complete 30 games or so and then be allowed to make an opinion?

You can't underplayed the metrics improving yet on the other hand say our squad is the worst in the league.

Dyche is obviously having a positive impact on them.
I never said you couldn't be "allowed" to have an opinion, but its just 7 games. If we lost the next 3 will the people who are quick to bring up "dyche form" be so vocal then?

The form/metrics since Dyche took over are promising, of course they are (hardly difficult), but it's not a guarantee of safety because it's 38 games that matter not a selective sample. Dyche absolutely is having an impact, as I've said, but I'm under no illusions about the quality of our squad: we're one of the worst, that is exactly why we have been relegation fodder for 2 seasons running. Would Leeds/B'mouht/Saints swap their squads for ours? I'm not so sure. There's not a lot in it, hence why I'm not getting carried away based on a few games.

I never said you couldn't be "allowed" to have an opinion, but its just 7 games. If we lost the next 3 will the people who are quick to bring up "dyche form" be so vocal then?

The form/metrics since Dyche took over are promising, of course they are (hardly difficult), but it's not a guarantee of safety because it's 38 games that matter not a selective sample. Dyche absolutely is having an impact, as I've said, but I'm under no illusions about the quality of our squad: we're one of the worst, that is exactly why we have been relegation fodder for 2 seasons running. Would Leeds/B'mouht/Saints swap their squads for ours? I'm not so sure. There's not a lot in it, hence why I'm not getting carried away based on a few games.

That's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.