2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is scoring the goals to get that side into the top 2 over 46 games?

I'm not at all convinced these attackers would be any good down a division.
I think Simms has proved that he can score at that level Tim, it's what we do for goals in this league that is the problem, whether trying to stay up this season or after a season, or longer, in the championship, our forwards are just not good enough for the prem.

Given the situation he’s inherited I don’t think we can expect much more than what he is delivering currently. I actually think we played better against Villa than Leeds last week. The pen came at a pivotal time in the game. 1st goal was crucial. If we would have got the 1st goal we had 3 or 4 good opportunities then we take 3 points and I’m sure the feeling on this forum would be polar opposite. We all know the elephant in the room is a striker but we are where we are with that so we’ve got to get on with it. We are defensively more solid, midfield is competing so I’m certainly not throwing in the Towel with 14 games to play. Massive games coming up and everyone is cup final from here on in.

That's what he is and what choice do we have? The players we have aren't capable of much more as we saw under Lamps. I would much prefer progressive footy but we are in the absolute mire, not sure I can blame the manager for a basic set up.

Like I said Billy, it's not a criticism it's an observation.

He is what he is and if/when we get relegated I'm sure he'll be given a season to get us back up.

Are we thinking about replacing after 4 games?
There are murmurings of Dyche being the wrong appointment on here. I can guarantee one thing; these murmurings won't lessen if we get relegated.

Edit; it's also not unknown for mangers failing to save a team from relegation to get sacked. It's not as if it'll be the biggest managerial shock in the world for Everton to sack him.

Behave with your guff
No. I rate Dyche for what he is and I think he’s the right manager to get us out of this.

To get us out of this, he needs to ensure that we aren’t losing these games at home.

We have complained under lampard - fairly so - that we had to make sure if we couldn’t win certain matches we didn’t throw away points. That point stands here too.

He can make some changes now. Coady should be nowhere near the side and since set-pieces are our only route to goal then we need to have Mina in, because he’s a threat. That comes with its own risks but Coady at the minute is costing us.

The full-back situation - he needs to get pace into that back line in away games especially. Godfrey should be brought in IMO - for away matches at least.

He can’t do anything up front, that’s not on him at all.

No. I rate Dyche for what he is and I think he’s the right manager to get us out of this.

To get us out of this, he needs to ensure that we aren’t losing these games at home.

We have complained under lampard - fairly so - that we had to make sure if we couldn’t win certain matches we didn’t throw away points. That point stands here too.

He can make some changes now. Coady should be nowhere near the side and since set-pieces are our only route to goal then we need to have Mina in, because he’s a threat. That comes with its own risks but Coady at the minute is costing us.

The full-back situation - he needs to get pace into that back line in away games especially. Godfrey should be brought in IMO - for away matches at least.

He can’t do anything up front, that’s not on him at all.
Would agree with all of that in fairness, though coady aside I can't complain with how dyche had them playing yesterday. 15 shots on goal and pressed them smartly. I'm banging a drum everyone else has but with recruitment up top we win that game comfortably.

Would agree with all of that in fairness, though coady aside I can't complain with how dyche had them playing yesterday. 15 shots on goal and pressed them smartly. I'm banging a drum everyone else has but with recruitment up top we win that game comfortably.
I’m fully behind Dyche personally, yeah Coady dropped a testicle but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

And the same way one swallow doesn’t make a blow j summer, one defeat doesn’t spell absolute carnage.

This is a very basic sentenced you’ve tried to cobble together here, yet you failed miserably. What/who should we off? Why is that person stuck with Benitez? What makes you think ‘of’ and ‘have’ represent the same meaning in the english language?
What you need here is the good old ‘should have’ or ‘should’ve’ if youre feeling frisky, which i assume you are based on all the Kenwright/Benitez trolling you’re doing.
Context, the idiot I replied too, who allready has a problem with Dyche was one of those who didn't back Rafael when he should of done.
He still has a problem with Mr Benitez now.

Not sure why Dyche gets flack for yesterday tbh it was mainly on having no competent forward and players making brainless decisions
While that’s true I still think he was outmanaged yesterday.
He failed to reacted to Villa’s increasing threat after half time, when they were clearly getting through our midfield with ease.
I thought he needed to change something but his substitutions came too late.
Ultimately though it’s our inability to score goals which is costing us dearly.
Until and if he can find a way to solve this severe problem ( which was not of his making) our prospects look dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.