The Everton Board Thread

Its the way of society now - too many Internet experts who think they know how to run multi million pound industries all whilst they work at the Co-op stacking shelves for a living 🤷‍♂️

Anyone who has a true understanding of whats going on at the club appreciates that DBB has had no hand to play in our decline since the 1980's.

She's also a nice lady who loves the club.

Do me a favour. Pass my message on to Denise Barrett-Baxendale

Denise, you are a complete disgrace and have been found out. Resign

"However i understands that chairman Kenwright intended to attend the Leeds game at Goodison Park to show “leadership”, despite calls from some protestors for him to continue to stay away.

However late on Friday night he was instructed by the club’s security advisors not to attend the game, prolonging his absence from Goodison Park for at least another week."

Its the way of society now - too many Internet experts who think they know how to run multi million pound industries all whilst they work at the Co-op stacking shelves for a living 🤷‍♂️

Anyone who has a true understanding of whats going on at the club appreciates that DBB has had no hand to play in our decline since the 1980's.

"She's also a nice lady..."
Being nice does not qualify you to be the CEO of a company in a multi-billion pound industry.

"...who loves the club"
If she loved the club she'd acknowledge how disastrous her tenure has been and resign.

I'm not exaggerating by saying that if the CEO of a public company had the same appalling record as DBB, they'd probably end up being sued by the shareholders of that company for permanent value destruction.

Yeah she seems to be one of the few who is respected, I'm willing to bet away from Goodison she is respected more by professional people then anyone else at the club.
I was going to send her a connection request on LinkedIn but not sure she is active on it

"She's also a nice lady..."
Being nice does not qualify you to be the CEO of a company in a multi-billion pound industry.

"...who loves the club"
If she loved the club she'd acknowledge how disastrous her tenure has been and resign.

I'm not exaggerating by saying that if the CEO of a public company had the same appalling record as DBB, they'd probably end up being sued by the shareholders of that company for permanent value destruction.

1. Record Sponsership Deal
2. Overseen BMD being built

Lets not forget Robert Elstone (who's chief executive of a sporting organisation and has an MBE for sport) oversaw 3 failed ground moves during his time as CEO.

Everton were also a top 7 team under most of Elstones time as CEO - DBB has taken over at a time of constant managerial sackings, poor recruitment and a lack of coherent strategy in terms of the owner/chairman - yet fans expect her to be delivering $50 million sponsers when we're going backwards on the pitch with no european exposure !

DBB's failure to improve the commercial department - so important these days as it improves a club's financial position in respect of FFP - has to be the biggest let down of her leadership with FFP hitting us badly these last few seasons. If she had done that, her stint as CEO could at least be seen as some sort of qualified improvement. Instead the club seem to have just carried on as before - little income from commercial streams which has crippled us FFP wise.

Not good enough by a long shot.

Lets not forget Robert Elstone (who's chief executive of a sporting organisation and has an MBE for sport) oversaw 3 failed ground moves during his time as CEO.

Everton were also a top 7 team under most of Elstones time as CEO - DBB has taken over at a time of constant managerial sackings, poor recruitment and a lack of coherent strategy in terms of the owner/chairman - yet fans expect her to be delivering $50 million sponsers when we're going backwards on the pitch with no european exposure !

She's one of the reasons we are going backwards!

She's one of the reasons we are going backwards!
Have a search of their name alongside DBB. I wonder what’s happened for them to change views so much. I mean. They were desperate for her and Kenwright to be booted but Benitez to be given time and backed.

They desperately wanted kenwright, brands and DBB out for proper business people.

Yet now, is quite happy for DBB to stay and is actively arguing for it.

Sorry mate but both of those defences are so easily deconstructed:

Record Sponsorship Deal
The amount of money flowing into the Prem is increasing every single year. The demand for sponsorships of all kinds are increasing every single year. Higher global demand plus limited supply means that a one-eyed mongoose as CEO could have delivered a record deal in this economic environment.

Overseen BMD being built
The only reason BMD is being built is because of Moshiri. And that isn't to defend him in any way - but the only obstacle Everton have ever had to building a new stadium is funding. Moshiri has so far provided every single penny. Again, even the lowest-quality CEO can deliver an infrastructure project if they don't have to secure external funding for it.

DBB's failure to improve the commercial department - so important these days as it improves a club's financial position in respect of FFP - has to be the biggest let down of her leadership with FFP hitting us badly these last few seasons. If she had done that, her stint as CEO could at least be seen as some sort of qualified improvement. Instead the club seem to have just carried on as before - little income from commercial streams which has crippled us FFP wise.

Not good enough by a long shot.
Problem is if we are rubbish on the pitch it makes it hard for the commercial department.
That side of things going as bad as it did, mostly down to Farhads recruitment of both managers and directors of football, made her job next to impossible.
I've seen people over the last 48 hours moan about the stake deal, and blamer her, really we were lucky to get what we did

Sorry mate but both of those defences are so easily deconstructed:

Record Sponsorship Deal
The amount of money flowing into the Prem is increasing every single year. The demand for sponsorships of all kinds are increasing every single year. Higher global demand plus limited supply means that a one-eyed mongoose as CEO could have delivered a record deal in this economic environment.

Overseen BMD being built
The only reason BMD is being built is because of Moshiri. And that isn't to defend him in any way - but the only obstacle Everton have ever had to building a new stadium is funding. Moshiri has so far provided every single penny. Again, even the lowest-quality CEO can deliver an infrastructure project if they don't have to secure external funding for it.

They're fair points mate.

Surely tho you acknowledge that for a club like ours with no european profile, currently involved in relegation battles and no "star" names at the club its difficult to attract elite sponsers.

Im not suggesting Denise is doing a stellar job I am simply acknowledging that she's doing a decent job in difficult circumstances.

Clubs that do poorly on the pitch do not profit off it and thats currently Everton. Man City weren't signing mega deals with Burger King and Nike when they were a Yo Yo club - it took a few league titles, FA Cups and CL exposure (off the back of doped up Etihad sponsers) before they joined the cartel.

Problem is if we are rubbish on the pitch it makes it hard for the commercial department.
That side of things going as bad as it did, mostly down to Farhads recruitment of both managers and directors of football, made her job next to impossible.
I've seen people over the last 48 hours moan about the stake deal, and blamer her, really we were lucky to get what we did
I think it was more the hypocrisy of it and for a measly reported £300k more per year - some things you can’t put a value on but at least it allowed them to report it as a record deal