Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Against a poor team I could perhaps see us being able to soak up their pressure and grab a point even without a real striker, but let's not kid ourselves about these being a poor side. They'll have £200m worth of strikers available to them, a £75m goalkeeper and potentially a £75m centre half it he's fit to play. They'll almost certainly play a side bought for about £400/500m.

A draw would be great, I can see possibly a goal for us from a set piece, but they'll have an awful lot of the ball and the likes of Salah can always pull a goal out of nowhere.

One good thing is Thiago possibly being out. Not that he's good, but because he constantly fouls players and gets away with it and that's a huge advantage for them obviously.

Against a poor team I could perhaps see us being able to soak up their pressure and grab a point even without a real striker, but let's not kid ourselves about these being a poor side. They'll have £200m worth of strikers available to them, a £75m goalkeeper and potentially a £75m centre half it he's fit to play. They'll almost certainly play a side bought for about £400/500m.

A draw would be great, I can see possibly a goal for us from a set piece, but they'll have an awful lot of the ball and the likes of Salah can always pull a goal out of nowhere.

One good thing is Thiago possibly being out. Not that he's good, but because he constantly fouls players and gets away with it and that's a huge advantage for them obviously.
Hmm. Do you think Everton will win another game this season?

Hmm. Do you think Everton will win another game this season?
If we perform like we did against Arsenal, I can see a good number of victories and an easy passage to safety.

That said, we had our one and only decent striker playing and looking good. Now he's injured again.

Probably need to access our chances on a game by game basis.

Watched the Klopp presser from this morning out of curiosity. He was very defensive throughout the entire thing, basically having a go at every journo who asked him something lol

Same as usual then.

The narrative that he was the most liked funny manager in the league has well and truly sailed now.

Everyone sees him for what he is, a massive bellend who comes out with the most ridiculous crap.

I see it the other way. Surely you don't want a player in who is allowed about eight fouls before a verbal warning, and won't be sent off despite a further 5-6 yellow card offences.

He’s slow and lazy though. Would have been good to over power him. I’d rather we were playing against him than Henderson or Jones who will give them more physicality and set piece height.

Status
Not open for further replies.